Thread: Burning through

Cool Burning through

Well I have officially burned through every video(Esp love the anglerwest tv vids on the gorge!) I could find on kokanee fishing. I'm dying for the open water on the gorge to get some fresh kokanee in the cooler. Anyone been out anywhere and got into some? I recently was laid off from my job (same job that has laid me off 2 times before and this makes 3, don't know why I went back really lol) so I have some time to kill when I'm not looking for work. lol. And I am seriously craving a fresh koke fillet fried up with some potatoes and bacon. I've gone through all my stocks in the freezer from last summer. I know I'm not the only one on here jonesing for some wy salmon. SO please let me know if you know anything and where I might be able to launch a boat and at least try for some early season fish. And maybe some techniques? I know I could probably just long line my gear to keep it close to the surface but I might give jigging for them a try this early.

We ate some 24 hour fresh that we caught last weekend here in CA and the taste was rock your world good for start of the season meat.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

I'm waiting to but it will be Apr. before I get there. I Don't know when the kokanee start biting good.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    We ate some 24 hour fresh that we caught last weekend here in CA and the taste was rock your world good for start of the season meat.
    I'm jealos! lol