Thread: South end fishing

Default South end fishing

I live in Colorado and usually fish out of Buck Board even though the south end of the lake is closer to where I live. I have always found large Rainbows due east of Buckboard on the east side of the lake about 3 miles from the marina. This is along a long sandy beach that’s meets a rock wall and Kokes just off the wall in open water. So if I fish near the dam what is the story on that end of the lake. I have downriggers and love to jig for lakers as well. I have the bug and am thinking of heading up there in March.

Thanks

Jon

If you are as far south as the dam, expect fish in the weight class about 1/2 of the Buckboard fish.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Well I guess I will keep fishing up at buckboard in the same spots as usual, I will have to wait a while for the ice I guess. It is tough this time of year I hate cutting a hole in the lake to fish. If anyone has any ideas for getting the boat into some fish early PLESE post it. SuperD how is Sack these days. I grew up a little south of you in Clovis. My friends say that CA has screwed things up in the Feather and all over really. I used to kill the Kings in the low flow.

Fwood.

Fwood, the drought is probably going to help finish off what the politicians started. But I've only got a couple years left here before I can come fish the Gorge and water in your neck of the woods regularly.

Dave didn't you get a place over there? or am I thinking of someone else. dfly

remember if the girls don't find you handsome they better find you handy

Yep, I've got Bduck baby sitting my retirement house just outside of Ogden, Ut. Kokaholic occassionally comes over to help water my yard.

Haven't been fishing yet but, the water is open at sheep creek and Lucerne boat ramps. You can find nice fish in the canyons uplake from Sheep Creek or in Antelope Flat, especially in Lucerne Bay or along the east bank near the Antelope Flat boat ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    Yep, I've got Bduck baby sitting my retirement house just outside of Ogden, Ut. Kokaholic occassionally comes over to help water my yard.
    Janyc and I have been keepn the master bedroom nice and warm . So sorry about the stains on the carpet .

Quote Originally Posted by agitator View Post
    Janyc and I have been keepn the master bedroom nice and warm . So sorry about the stains on the carpet .
    Just don't sue me for your rug burns.

Quote Originally Posted by agitator View Post
    Rental supplements some tackle buying.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    Snow removal is what we discussed.