Thread: First Time Fishing Flaming Gorge Res.

Lightbulb First Time Fishing Flaming Gorge Res.

My name is byenow and this is my second post,my first post went to the introduction forum and I didn't get any replies so thought I would try here. I will be fishing from June 22 thru June 28, 2014. My learning curve is quit short so i'm asking for your help. I've read your forum reports from the begining of 2012 thru 2014, the information I got from them will be very helpful. You Guys and Gals out there know how much time is spent learning a new fishing area. Flaming Gorge will be new to me so I've made a list of areas (not spots) that I thought I would checkout. I'll be mooring the boat at Lucerne Marina and my areas of interest are (A) Wildhorse (B) Pipeline (C) Rawlins Draw (D) Antelope Flat (E) Henerys Fork (F) Red Cliffs. My Question is in what order would you Guys and Gals checkout first? Thanks for any help you can give me. byenow

Coming from Lucerne, my first stop is usually at the rock wall on the south end of the pipe. Depending on how the fishing is there, I'll often quickly move to Wildhorse, which is really my favorite spot to fish coming out of Lucerne.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Thanks for the information it will help. By the way I have a 2008 Eagle Cap 995 and Carol and I just love it thanks again byenow

Buckboard is my favorite. It seems like it doesn't even matter where you go and get them. I haven't done alot of it so Im new, lots of good advice from some great people on here.

Our first trip in 2010 we launched out of Buckboard. We had a great time and hit the area on our way back home from CO and New Mexico a week later. Weather was a hindrance...we had to stop several days by 1:00pm due to wind. Our next trip 2013 was AWESOME!!! We were there a bit later in the summer than the 1st trip. Also, we stayed at Lucerne. Best fishing trip vacation we've ever had. This summer (2014) we'll be staying at Buckboard again. Going to be there the same time you'll be down south. there will be a lot of talk on the VHF because several people we know will be in both areas at that time.
    Froggie

Default Thanks for Reply

Froggie
    Thanks for reply, I hope my fishing trip matches the one you had in 2013. When you Fish Henrys Fork do you follow the creek channel or on the south side of channel? Will try to contact you when we get to FG in June. Thanks again for reply. byenow

Default Reply to outdoorsman1

Thanks for the reply, if I can get up to Buckboard in June I will Follow the Big Boys out like they do salmon fishing at the coast here in Oregon. Again thanks for reply (much appreciate)
    byenow