Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Wickiup Fishing Reports

Default 2014 Wickiup Fishing Reports

Happy New Year everyone, good fishing in 2014.
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

It should be a great year in 2014!!!!

Wickiup is where you will find the wife and I opening morning, we plan on getting there Friday.
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

I will be there too, bright and early. Hope the weather is at least decent.

I'll be there. +1 on the weather. I got lucky on all four of my trips last year

I made my reservation LAST WEEK with full hook ups at twin lakes RV plan on lowering the kokanee population myself HAVEN'T MISSED AN OPENER UP THERE IN QUITE a few years.

I'll be there bright and early Saturday morning!!!!

is the lake still iced up or do we have open water?

Its been open for a few weeks, open water that is, not open for fishing

A month to go... new line on the reels, check. New top ordered for the boat, check. Replaced impeller, check. Now do I have gas money so I can get on the lake....
    I've been on Wickiup for opener every year now for the past 5 can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Matt View Post
    A month to go... new line on the reels, check. New top ordered for the boat, check. Replaced impeller, check. Now do I have gas money so I can get on the lake....
    I've been on Wickiup for opener every year now for the past 5 can't wait.
    Amen brotha!

Gotta rebuild my carb before I make it out there and money is tight. But I'm gonna get me some
    - I don't fish when I have time.. I make time to fish

Default 2014 Wickiup thread

i see we didn't have one for 2014 so I took the liberty to start one
    I have a question about lodging at wickiup we need a camp site for the kokanee tournament and need a spot with power we have a gen but don't want to run it in case it is still cold that time of year and want to run electric heat instead of the battery sucking furnance and the only one I know of is gull point which is at the area we want to launch. never camped there and wondered if you that have thought it was a good place and if there were better spots than others and do they have mooring. tried calling last few days and just got the answering machine telling me they were booked for opening day. any help would be great. dfly

remember if the girls don't find you handsome they better find you handy

I believe Gull Point has power, but don't forget about South Twin camping areas they have power also.

Twin Lakes Resort has a RV park with power, water, and sewer which is on Wickiup. You have a bit of a run to get to where you are probably going to fish since it is up the Deschutes arm a ways. You can keep your boat on the shore and be ready to go in the morning, or just tow down the road and be closer to the fishing. Nice camping that can be reserved. Keep trying they are kind of hard to get a hold of in the off season. If it doesn't happen after a few tries let me know I know the owner pretty well and will be talking to him soon.

There is no power at the camp grounds (Gull Point) that I'm aware. There are full hook ups at twin lake RV site its about a 2 mile shot on the Deschutes arm from the Rv site to the lake its a no wake zone.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    i see we didn't have one for 2014 so I took the liberty to start one
    dfly
    It was under the Oregon fishing reports, I went ahead and merged the two threads.
    David

sorry Dave didn't mean to hijack your thread, didn't think to look up there I just saw the 2013 thread. dfly

thanx DB and mike got a hold of them last night they were booked except for the host site so I took that, never been there so I hope it's OK. now to re learn the lake. dfly

I'll be in spot 15...Friday to Monday...see you there!

dragonfly I will be in THE RV SITE also from Friday to Monday. I forgot what site# I have, but be happy to line you out its not a easy lake to figure out because of the channels. Lets hope we have good weather.

Mike thanxs will be nice to be able to meet every one and put a face with a name. I will be coming in on thursday and leaving on sunday. dfly

Quote Originally Posted by mrmike View Post
    dragonfly I will be in THE RV SITE also from Friday to Monday. I forgot what site# I have, but be happy to line you out its not a easy lake to figure out because of the channels. Lets hope we have good weather.
    would love to "pick your brain" lol...my Dad, Brother-in-law and I have fished here for many years...with and without success...you can never learn it all

toolman AMEN TO THAT BROTHER

Being a Kokanee guy is tantamount to being a gear junky… that being said I read an article over the weekend about the large 2-5 lbs Koke’s being taken up at Lake Chelan, in the article the author mentioned using 3” brads cut plugs. I’ve never used one and curious if anyone has had success with them at Wickiup? I might need more gear on the boat.

I have never tried them but have heard of kokanee being taken at LBC and Wallowa on them as a by catch.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast