Thread: 2014 Odell Fishing Reports

Default 2014 Odell Fishing Reports

Happy New Year everyone, good fishing in 2014.
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

Fished the opener today, good fishing in the morning, lights out fishing in the evening. Easy limits with jigs.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	104+1.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	7119  

Jeez! I guess so!

Lucky Duck
    Were you jigging vertical or casting at jumpers?
    I'm planning on fishing mid-may, and usually troll with downriggers....
    Thanks

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dob60 View Post
    Lucky Duck
    Were you jigging vertical or casting at jumpers?
    I'm planning on fishing mid-may, and usually troll with downriggers....
    Thanks

Dan
    Both, target the jumpers early in the morning. Then anchor up and pound the bottom. Trolling has been slow but they are picking up a few.
    Be prepared to change tactics the fish seem want something different every day. It takes us a few hours to figure out where and what they want.
    Fishing is still good, in 5 days we have boated 700 kokes, nice sized this year.

Going to Odell for the Memorial Day weekend just wondering what the fishing has been like?

Jigging is still good if you work at it and change your tactics. Trolling is pretty good

I have 6/10 through the 14th. Do you think jigging will still be good, or will it be a strictly dr fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by bdogdt47 View Post
    I have 6/10 through the 14th. Do you think jigging will still be good, or will it be a strictly dr fishing?
    Typically jigging slows in June. Typically trolling is slow in May. This year has been good for both. That being said it's still jigging on Odell, things change dramatically day to day, hope you get one of the good days or change your jigging tactics and figure them out. Nothing better than a hot jig bite.

Went to Odell for the Memorial Day weekend.Went out by myself Sat. limited out by 9:00 went out with the wife in the afternoon and landed another 10.Fished Sun. with buddy landed 34 by 10:00.Fished Mon. by myself again and limited out by 8:30 lots of doubles was having a ball. Thanks to the fish Gods.

Going to Odell for the week of the 4th, has anybody been up there lately how is the catching

Does anyone out there have a recent Odell report?

Default Odell report 8/3

Started out the day on the lake and fishing by 6:30 am good bite until 8:00 am, 35-47 feet with gold flasher , Green special wedding ring style spinners along with champagne colored hoochie spinners doing about equal damage on kokanee population. Ended the day with 18 Very Nice kokanee in the boat.

anyone fishing in the tourney this weekend at Odell heads up.......just got back and my wife kicked my butt fishing with a green white pink cow bell lake troll followed by a white w/black stripes down the back P-line squid I had a 1.1 silver smile blade just in front of the squid as well. I mean it was amazing the butt kicking she put on me and everything she was catching was 13 to 14 inchers........wish I could be there this weekend cuz I know what I'd be using
    Last edited by kokaguy1; 08-15-2014 at 10:36 PM.

Had a great Sunday morning hitting the 25 fish limit just before noon. Some are getting hook jawed and had one that was even a little pink. I think next weekend will be it for me.
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....