Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2014 Green Peter Fishing Reports

Thanks for the report. Last year at this time the fish were running 12-13 inches. I may go up there tomorrow to see what I can do...

Fished Green Peter today from 7:15 to 10:15am. Light winds, nice weather...fish were biting well for the first half hour...caught two...but then the bite quit. Caught the little one at 40' and the larger one at 64'. Lots of fish showing on the Humminbird at 90-110' but that's too deep for my rinky dink downriggers. Had a good time, anyway. Only five other boats on the lake...which is down about 30' from full pool.

Last edited by JLPerry; 09-04-2014 at 11:20 PM.

Default We to fished gp yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by JLPerry View Post
    Fished Green Peter today from 7:15 to 10:15am. Light winds, nice weather...fish were biting well for the first half hour...caught two...but then the bite quit. Caught the little one at 40' and the larger one at 64'. Lots of fish showing on the Humminbird at 90-110' but that's too deep for my rinky dink downriggers. Had a good time, anyway. Only five other boats on the lake...which is down about 30' from full pool.

My wife & I fished from 6;30 to 3 pm we kept 36 kokanee. We fished from 54' to 92' the bite was all over that range. The fish are starting to turn & we had to cull quite a few of the ugly ones. The fishing will still be good for a couple more weeks but you will halve to do some culling, if you are fishing deep bring them up slowly & they will usually swim away ok { if the eagles & osprey don't get them first } o well I guess they need to eat to. I noticed the reel you are using, the shimano looks like my 21 sg I've had mine for over 30 years & it still does the job. O yea we were using gang trolls & home made wedding rings pink & orange worked the nest for us.

Yeah...that is a Shimano that I've had for over 20 years along with a matching rod...caught a lot of kokanee on that outfit!

Will probably go back up to GP at least once more this season...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234