Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Green Peter Fishing Reports

Default 2014 Green Peter Fishing Reports

Happy New Year everyone, good fishing in 2014.
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

Looking forward to a great year and bigger fish. Anybody hitting the pond right now?

waiting for the water to come up a little more hopefully the rain that's coming will help but usually start in march. dfly
    Last edited by dragonfly; 01-07-2014 at 04:21 PM.

remember if the girls don't find you handsome they better find you handy

Hit the lake last Sun. Beautiful day on the water. Fishing was a little slow still but managed to land 9. All were caught down 20' on the rigger with a 50' setback. Long lines were a zero.The hot lure was an orange micro hoochie with a gold french blade. They were all about 10.5" and getting fat. They seem bigger than last year at this time.
    21' Red Maxxim NR Seahawk

NWFishQuest.com

Thanks for the info.

Default Green peter

Has any one been to the lake recently, if so how is the fishing?

Check out the article on the Oregon fishing forum green peter lake. Roadside camping is closed on quratsville rd. I have camped there a couple of times before but as one of the comments stated 5% screw it up for the other 95%

that's to bad my first trip up there 25 years ago was camping along side the road because the parks were full but then every one picked up there trash and there wasn't the permanent/homeless campers and all the drugs and vandalism there is now. so hopefully it's a good thing and you won't have to worry about being broken into. although I never had any problems. I cringed the last few years driving up with all the people wondering on the road and never knew who or what will come out from in front of a parked car. dfly

I think it was about time the Quartzville Corridor was cleaned up.

There were far too many banjo picking in-breds trashing and littering the area. The banjo pickers (who could care less for anyone or anything, except their smokes and cheap beer) spoiled and screwed it up for everyone!

No offense to Steve Martin or other accomplished banjo players!

Any body fishing green peter, what does the launch look like is the level to the first ramp yet or down below at the lower level

here's a site with the weather, wind and water levels on most of the popular lakes and rivers in OR. and WA. he keeps the site current and is a wealth of information. dfly
    http://nwfishquest.com/?page_id=48

^^^^ great resource! that went into my favorite list...

I fished on 4/19 at Greenpeter and only landed 7.It was really tough fishing the wind was a little more than the norm,and the rain was really heavy for a while but kept on trolling better than sitting at home.Hoping the weather will be dry for opening day looking forward to going to Odell don't like to head up the hill this time of year moisture could turn to white stuff really quick don't like to tow in that stuff.Just wondering if any body went to Greenpeter this past weekend??????? any better reports?

Quote Originally Posted by Lund troller View Post
    I fished on 4/19 at Greenpeter and only landed 7.It was really tough fishing the wind was a little more than the norm,and the rain was really heavy for a while but kept on trolling better than sitting at home.Hoping the weather will be dry for opening day looking forward to going to Odell don't like to head up the hill this time of year moisture could turn to white stuff really quick don't like to tow in that stuff.Just wondering if any body went to Greenpeter this past weekend??????? any better reports?
    Fished Saturday 4-19. First trip of the year and 4th boat on the water. Ran around a bit and ended up by floating toilets on Quartsville arm. Picked up 6 or so in a couple of hours and finally made a move. New area was hot. Ended with 22 and called it quits when the wind came up. Didn't care if I limited or not so was just flipping fish in the boat without the net. Kokanee Kid pink dodger and spin-n- glow along with Vance's dodger with orange hoochie did most of the damage.
    My take home lesson for the day was fish gear you have confidence in and if it's not happening move!!

I fished Green Peter on April 4 from 9:30 to 12:30 and caught these two nine inchers on the downrigger at 22 feet. Used 4-blade gang troll and beaded spinner w/corn. No fish showing on the surface, very few fish seen on the fish finder other than some very deep near the bottom. Weather was great and there were lots of boats out...maybe 25...but nobody was doing any better than me as far as I could tell. Three guys took out right after I did and had only one fish between them.

Last edited by JLPerry; 04-25-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Fished GP on the 25th and landed 12 lost about the same amount.Fish finder not working didn't help very much either.Weather was much better than the week before.

I'll be going back up to GP on tuesday...supposed to be 72F...or wednesday, predicted to hit 80! Maybe both days... Gonna hit the Dan-Dee tackle store in Sweet Home monday for more kokanee gear...can't have too much gear!

there place is great, I bought my first red jj rod there and they were cheaper than even the inner net. good luck. dfly

Went to Dan-Dee Sales in Sweet Home today and bought my two-rod endorsement and a two cans of shoe peg corn. I'm in the market for a new rod & reel but they didn't have what I think I want. That's OK...I have other rigs to use. Will check out Cabela's in Springfield in the next few days...

I've got the boat hitched to the truck and ready to go tomorrow morning...hope to launch about 6am at Green Peter.

Film at 11.

Launched at Green Peter this morning at 7:15 and fished until 10:30. Caught two kokes on the downrigger at 25 feet (and lost two more at the boat) and caught one rainbow trout on the surface line fishing a standard Wedding Ring spinner. Wouldn't have kept it but it was hooked bad and bleeding. Had two other hits on the top line but no joy. Weather was great...sunny and no wind. Probably 25 other boats out...the lake at nearly full pool.

Just wondering if you used any other set up while you where there?

I used a standard Wedding Ring (orange beads w/silver blade) on the surface line and a small 4-blade gang chrome spinner set with generic wedding ring spinner (orange/white/orange beads and silver blade) on the downrigger. With corn on both. I replace the Wedding Ring hooks with Gamakatsu red hooks.

Have you ever tried using Vance dodgers with maybe a couple of different color beads or a hoochie?

Went to Cabela's in Springfield yesterday and bought this Cabela's Kokanee rod and ABU Garcia reel...normally $100 but on sale for $70. Fished at Green Peter this morning and used the new rod for the top line with my other rod on a downrigger...

This is what the lake looked like this morning. I fished from 7 to 10 am.

I fished from Thistle Creek arm west toward the dam and caught one on the way there and two on the way back...all before 8:30am...all on the downrigger at 25' using a small 4-blade kokanee troll and beaded spinner with corn.

Had the three kokes for dinner tonight...

On the way home I stopped at Dan-Dee Sales in Sweet Home and bought a 4.5" chrome kokanee dodger w/beaded spinner and a 4-blade 50/50 mini-troll...for next time.
    Last edited by JLPerry; 05-01-2014 at 11:57 PM.

Hey Guys,

From Boise and wife has a conference in Portland next Thursday, was think of dragging the boat along and hitting Green Peter for the weekend.
    Can anyone offer advice on camping there ?....or would it be worth it to the haul the boat ?....or any other suggestions on where to go for some Koke's around there ?

Thanks,
    Scott
    Last edited by riverrunner16; 05-06-2014 at 12:54 AM.
    Scott

Lund Pro Sport 1600
    Merc 65

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast