Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Default 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

May your reports of Anderson Ranch in 2014 be filled with great times and great fish.
    Last edited by sawtooth; 01-11-2015 at 05:28 PM.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default 2014 Dworshak Reservior Kokanee Fishing Report

Good Luck on your Fishing trips this year at Dworshak Reservior.
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default 2014 Arrowrock Reservior Kokanee Fishing Report

Lets hope we get enough water this year to fill Arrowrock and keep that fishery going as well as it has the last few years. Good Luck this year and keep the reports coming.
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default 2014 Lucky Peak Kokanee Fishing Report

With the New Year comes a new Lucky Peak Kokanee Fishing Report. May your trips to Lucky Peak be filled with great memories and great fish. Keep the Reports coming and I'll see you at the lake.
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Heading there in April.

Default 2014 Ririe Reservior Kokanee Fishing Report

If you are lucky enough to take a trip to Ririe, make sure to post your success here.
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Red face

I'll see your April and raise you a March.

Default 2013-2014 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Last edited by sawtooth; 01-11-2015 at 05:30 PM. Reason: change title to include 2014 reports
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Drove by turner the other day and the lake is open as far as I could see from the turn about. Won't be long til the reports start I hope

Has anyone been up to look at arrowrock? The BOR site states the reservoir is at 84% full and rising about 1/2 ft. a day.

I drove up to look a week ago and it was near full I would say the report is accurate. The road was as bad as have seen it in many years. Go very slow and be careful. I hope to ease up there in the next few days if the weather stays sunny.

amxerhull I can hardly wait, March sounds good to me too, it will sure be interesting to see how the fishing will be this year, have heard from a couple of people that think they will be smaller, my guess is about the same as last year. Do you usually start fishing near the dam, Canyon Creek, Elk Creek, or the Freeman Creek area? It will sure be nice to get out there again.

I will be doing an exploratory trip in march in preparation for our April trip. I am looking forward to it.

autorick, sounds like a great plan, we will try to do the same. Have several new things to try, will be nice to get back on the water at Dworshak, we have been steelheading in Hell's Canyon where we live, but for some reason am pretty excited about the Kokanee fishing. We were using ultra light spinning gear the last couple of trips to Dworshak last year, will probably try it again in March, it's sure a lot of fun to catch them without all the pop gear attached.

Our annual March trip is a "cabin fever" outing. We usually get more snow in our ears than fish in the box but we have fun. We usually fish from the dam to Canyon Creek.

Kenbarb, i agree with the pop gear, to much weight and hassle for me. I am looking forward to the trip although many in my group may not be able to make it. Do you know of a good place to camp around the dam area? I am thinking right at Bruce's Eddy launch in a tent.

Hi Kenbarb - You were testing Chamberlain releases last year and did some modification related to mono line as I recall. Can you fill me in on what you found? I love the releases on braided but found the mono (17#) I used salmon fishing had some issues when "wound up" to put on the release.
    Thanks - Alan

Alan, I have not used mono with the Chamberlain release, but the braid has worked without any problems. I use 30# for Salmon, and 10# for Kokanee. They really worked great with the Kokanee, releasing with every fish, what a difference not having to jerk the line out of the clip, same goes for the Salmon. With mono you should only need to twist the loop 4 or 5 times before attaching it to the clip, with the braid I twist it 8 times, try more, or less twists, if you still have a problem, email Chamberlain and he will work it out for you, he is a fisherman, and a nice guy. I replaced the wire on my Scotties with 150# Spectra and like it a lot, no more line hum, less blow back on the ball, no kinking, and no electrical charge going into the water. Ken

autorick, amxerhull, Sounds like we all have the "Kokanee Bug", with this warm weather, it even gets worse. At this point in time, I do not know of any camping spots that are open for camping, but I will find out what will be open and get back to you, too bad they don't open that huge parking area at Merrys Bay for camping.

Hi again Ken - I have been using the Chamberlain releases since last fall and I really like them. I fish trout at Roosevelt in the winter on my kokanee lite weight Lamaglass downrigger rod with 10# Power Pro. Nice clean release; no yanking on my tender rod. I also got a 3# 1oz 19" kokanee the last trip a couple of weeks ago. It hit an F13 Rapala at 2.6 mph of all things!

Alan, Have read your reports on Roosevelt, and enjoy them a lot. We fished Roosevelt quite a bit, usually at Spring Canyon, it was always very good fishing for a Variety of fish. Then 12 years ago we retired and moved to Hell's Canyon, the fishing is so good here we have not made the long trip to Roosevelt, looks like the Trout are much larger than they were when we fished there, would love to go back again, maybe even catch a large Kokanee like yours.

Glad you enjoy the reports Ken. The trout are really nice this year with most running around two pounds and up. I also enjoy reading your posts. I look forward to seeing how the kokanee are going at Dworshak this year.

Tight lines - Alan

I made it out on 2/9. 50 degrees and sunny! The action was crazy once i figured out the fish were 4 feet deep! Ill be back out by the dam tomorrow if the weather gives me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by FirstTimer View Post
    I made it out on 2/9. 50 degrees and sunny! The action was crazy once i figured out the fish were 4 feet deep! Ill be back out by the dam tomorrow if the weather gives me a break.
    that's awesome, and welcome to KFF FirstTimer

what size were the kokanee you were hooking? and did you catch many pikeminnows or rainbows?
    1982 18' Hydra-Sports Striper Special, 1982 Mariner 150hp, 1980 Johnson 7.5hp

Boated 4, all 14", 1 rainbow, 0 squaw. I found the depth as my trolling motor was died. I was fishing 50-20 all day(WAY BELOW them). I got about 40 minutes in at the right depth as the motor went form 1.2-.6mph very quickly. Too slow for my blood...

Page 1 of 84 1231151 ... LastLast