Page 22 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

is anyone catching kokes this time of year?

I'm headed to Dent for a couple days tomorrow. Last year, this week we caught around 20 per day for 2 of us working mostly surface lines from Dent to up max of 8 mile or so above the bridge. I'll let you know sunday how it goes this year.

Rick
    Gray/White Bluewater - Stop and say howdy!

I have been to busy to get out for the last few weeks. With that said and being I can see the dam and lake from the back yard, I have seen 0 boats on the lake for the last 3 days. There are coho running in the river so most are there i think. The lake is way down, Be care full out there and hope you catch a boat full.

I will also be chasing the river fish as well. but it is just nice to have options for the week. I know when we fish Lucky Peak down here the fish are shallower this time of year. I might have to pack 3 more rods. If we fish I will post results. Thanks all

Has anyone been fishing up at Lucky Peak? Just wondering if the bite has ever started again? Thanks for any info, tired of sitting at home, would like to get on some fall Kokes. hehe

Well we're here at Dent. Campground host says the koke fishing has been dead since mid August. I'm hoping I can pull some magic out of my hat in the morning. All ya'all keep your fingers crossed for me.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Badlander View Post
    Has anyone been fishing up at Lucky Peak? Just wondering if the bite has ever started again? Thanks for any info, tired of sitting at home, would like to get on some fall Kokes. hehe
    I'm surprised there haven't been a few reports lately, I plan to head up this Saturday, had battery issues last week that kept me from going

I'm guessing they are between 0 and 20' deep currently, start at spring shores and work your way downstream until you hook one, good luck
    1982 18' Hydra-Sports Striper Special, 1982 Mariner 150hp, 1980 Johnson 7.5hp

Hey Rick, if you have the time, horsepower, and gas, you might run to Granddad. Nice fish were being caught there at this time last year.

John

Fished a few times last week and this week. Some interesting things are happening.

First, contrary to the posts of people saying the dam area is usually hot this time of year, I got skunked at the dam on two occasions. The marina area is still the only area producing for me.

Also, something strange. I fished two days from the crack of dawn until about 2PM. I caught NOTHING all morning and then started catching in the early afternoon. Talked to several other boats and same story. The fishing seems to pick up after the water warms up later in the day.

Tried spinners, rapalas, wedding rings, rooster tails, panther martins, spoons, green hoochies, etc. I was wondering if anything different would produce for the late season kokes. No luck. Couldn't get any kokanee to bite.

As for trout, I'm only catching on pink hoochies about 8" behind a dodger with 1.5 or 2 ounces of weight in front of the dodger. Most of the fish are at 22' deep and about 40' out from the edges.It's really slow. I didn't talk to anyone who caught more than 1 fish by 2PM. Nobody caught any kokes--only rainbows.

Also, be EXTREMELY careful while boating out on the lake. I spotted a group of 3 guys swimming long distance out in the MIDDLE of the lake with NO flags or anything. All were wearing black wetsuits so they are just about invisible. Would be nearly impossible for a boater to see them low in the water like that so WATCH OUT! Wouldn't want to see anyone hurt.
    Last edited by ImprovePhotography; 10-03-2014 at 08:58 PM.

I fished today, and we are having chicken for dinner. I trolled from Brown's Gulch downstream to the Bowl Recreation Area. Two taps all day. I decided to call it quits a little after 2:00. I'm puzzled about where to find kokanee. We should be catching at least a few of the ones that will spawn next year.

Quote Originally Posted by amxerhull View Post
    Hey Rick, if you have the time, horsepower, and gas, you might run to Granddad. Nice fish were being caught there at this time last year.

John
    This is an every year weekend for me with my son. He gets a 4 day weekend and we go to Dent. Last 2 years we could catch 10-12 inchers pretty much anywhere from across from the Dent dock up through the bridge. Regular as can be.

This year, there are hordes of schooled up fish on the finder, but all we caught were 5 inchers. We went about half way to Grandad, no one was having any different results than we were. So we went bassing.

We had pretty good luck on the 5 inchers in Reed's creek. Couldn't go all the way to Grandad as I have a new SEI outdrive on the boat and it is still a few more hours from finishing breakin and being able to go faster than about 25 MPH. Such is life - it works like a million dollars compared to the old one :D

Campground host has been in Dent Acres al summer. He said that the fishing for Koke ended in late august and no one has had any more luck than our eight 5 inchers. We tossed all those back - they seemed very robust.

Rick
    Gray/White Bluewater - Stop and say howdy!

Fished for 5 hrs on 10/4, caught a few 15" trout and 1 12" kokanee, had a great day but out of the last 50 or so trips in the last few yrs this was by far the toughest and least productive kokanee fishing I've seen

Fished Lucky Peak on Monday. Still a nothing day for me. The water is still murky. Does anyone know how the water or fishing is at Arrowrock? The main reservoir or either arm?

Has anyone fished this recently? How clear is the water? Main reservoir or either arm?

me and a buddy fished 11/1 from first light until around 3pm and landed a few limits of trout and kokanee, we turned a bunch loose and he kept his limit and I kept these fish, all caught on the surface on squids and crappie tubes and floating rapalas, fished back and forth between the confluence and about a quarter mi up the middle fork

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2756.jpg 
Views:	182 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	7710Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2757.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	7711Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2758.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	7712

That spot can be a terrific place to fish. Also, same distance up the South F. I've caught some really nice trout up there. Thanks for the report. Mike

Fished from noon to 5pm. Tried several spots with no luck until we went above the confluence (main left arm) about one mile. Hugging to sides (30 feet from the bank), we started catching tons on pink hooch use with Dodgers and half an ounce of weight above the dodger.

We caught 9 trout, one kokanee, and one sucked. When I felleted up 2 of the rainbow trout, they had pink meat and bones like a kokanee. What is that?

fished from sunrise to 11 am. 1 trout and 4 bites. water is still brown? we could see maybe 6 foot before we lost sight of DR clip. fished 8 foot to 22 foot. 5 different colrs. caught the trout on green wedding ring. Lots of trout being caught from bank.

Default Ririe Reservior Kokanee Fishing Report

Good Luck this year at Ririe.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default Anderson Ranch Kokanee Fishing Report

Good Luck this year at Anderson Ranch.
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default Dworshak Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Best of luck to those Fishermen at Dworshak Reservoir this year.
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default Arrowrock Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Good Luck to all the Arrowrock Fisherman this year.
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default Lucky Peak Kokanee Fishing Report

Best of Luck to all the Lucky Peak Fishermen this year.
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

I have some new ideas for lures this year, Going to add some UV beads and Fiber Optics!! Very excitited to try them out this year.....

Good luck Jim, let us know how they work out.

Page 22 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272 ... LastLast