Page 7 of 84 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak1 View Post
    I asked Fins and Feathers, the fishing store and guide service in Coeur d'Alene this past year, and he told me they would be munching on them this summer, and show fast growth. I look forward to fishing for them. The methods used at CdA should be a good starting point. Go to their web site, and click on "Chinook" for a good primer. Mike
    When do they figure these planters will be of catchable size Mike?

Looking back in years past I see the last stocking of Chinook into Anderson took place in 1989 when F&G planted 10,000 fingerling (3"-6"). The first time we fished Anderson for Chinook was the early 90's and the few fish we caught were in the 4-6 pound range trolling orange Rapala's on the surface in the early spring.

I'll be looking forward to catching some of these 35,316 fingerling Chinook they planted in 2013 in the years to come!

I'm not sure. Tried to find something on the internet, but no luck. I'm guessing maybe 20" by this summer, just don't know. One thing....as soon as they start munching on those tasty little stunted kokes, there's gotta be a major growth spurt. I will probably get serious about it next summer. P.S.: the Sekiu reports just keep getting more positive. Biggest run since the 50's predicted. Won't be the same without you. Mike

I looked up the stocking reports for Anderson and see on 04/29/2010 they stocked 150,183 fingerling (3"-6") early spawner kokanee and on 05/05/2011 they stocked 183,200 fry (0-3") early spawner kokanee fry.

Why is F&G stocking all these kokanee when the reservoir is already over populated. This makes no sense at all. The fish this year will be even smaller then last year according to fish biologist Scott Stanton.

I can only hope they continue to plant Chinook in Anderson so that maybe someday we have a fishery worthy of spending the $$$ for fuel to go fish it.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak1 View Post
    P.S.: the Sekiu reports just keep getting more positive. Biggest run since the 50's predicted. Won't be the same without you. Mike
    Plenty of time between now and August & if I could find a partner that didn't flake out on me I just might show up.

Fished Saturday (4/12), the fishing was excellent from 6:30 – 11:00 (no wind). After that it took me over two hours to land my last fish. Fished close to the dam in the middle.Attachment 7103

The family and I went out to Lucky Peak this morning. Very windy and choppy.
    I've heard that the rough water sometimes effects the fishing. Is this true?
    I can tell you we didn't boat anything this trip, but still a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by jhmh2ofowl View Post
    A little bit of wind seems to help but yesterday made me stay home. My boat (a jet) doesn't have a lot of keel so even with the TR1 G it won't hold a course and I think that much wind gives the fish lock jaw anyhow. But that's

Quote Originally Posted by jhmh2ofowl View Post
    A little bit of wind seems to help but yesterday made me stay home. My boat (a jet) doesn't have a lot of keel so even with the TR1 G it won't hold a course and I think that much wind gives the fish lock jaw anyhow. But that's just my opinion.

Did well yesterday despite the wind which abused me and my little boat...Finally calmed down about 1ish. Wound up with 19, lost half a dozen or so. Caught most at 30 feet on the DR in Merry's Bay. Tried the chartreuse gulp maggots for the first time yesterday too...not sure if that helped but just about all the fish were caught on those. New fishfinder arriving today, so look out!

Is the Freeman creek campground a pay facility?

I'm new to the site but thought some would like to get any reports this time of year as fishing is just starting to heat up. Two of us launched about 930am and fished the area behind the dam with trolls and two ounces of lead. We picked up 25 by about 130 and the fish stopped hitting. They are still dropping the lake and the fish are spread out and only found a few small schools of fish. The fish were in the nine inch plus or minus a little for the most part. Should be nice fish later this summer. When they stop dropping the level the fish should school up more and a limit of 25 should be easy to get. Attachment 7104

Fished from 10am to 3pm on Friday, nothing.

Looks like they dropped the water level below Bruces #1 ramp. Too bad, have to travel up to Big Eddy or Dent now.
    Gray/White Bluewater - Stop and say howdy!

Quote Originally Posted by ricks View Post
    Looks like they dropped the water level below Bruces #1 ramp. Too bad, have to travel up to Big Eddy or Dent now.
    Was there yesterday and it was still useable and there were quite a few folks using the ramp. Looks like the water is dropping fast though. Big Eddy probably the best bet.

Wound up with 14 in a few hours. Lost a lot right at the boat. Pretty consistent locations and lots of scattered fish.

Fished Friday (4/18) - the fishing was fantastic from about 7 – 10 (little-no wind). After that windy but every boat I saw had their net out. I tried in the middle, close to the two houseboats but it was not very consistent, spent most of the time in Merry’s Bay. Saw fish at varying depths on fish finder and caught them anywhere from 20 – 70 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by jtkknelson View Post
    Fished Friday (4/18) - the fishing was fantastic from about 7 – 10 (little-no wind). After that windy but every boat I saw had their net out. I tried in the middle, close to the two houseboats but it was not very consistent, spent most of the time in Merry’s Bay. Saw fish at varying depths on fish finder and caught them anywhere from 20 – 70 feet.
    We fished the same area with the same results. Every boat had nets out. Most fish seemed about 20 feet down. We put about 30 in the cooler. Great fun.

They began filling the lake today. Will the fishing get better????????????

Fished today launched from spring shores way cold in the morning 46 water temp, hard fishing till around 10 lots of wind tons of boats looked like a parking lot. Started with a small trout then finally started finding kokes ended up catching a limit for me And my buddy. Nothing real big 14", fairly thick. We lost as many as we boated for sure. Once the wind died the temp got warm when we left water temp got up to 53 degrees.

4/19 dusk hours...not a bite.

Thanks for the report Hoolee99. The wind has kept me from heading to LP......that and the thought of 30-40 boats all trying to keep a straight track while being blown sideways. Glad you caught some fish, last trip out we only boated two Kokes and two trout. Will have to head up soon.
    16 foot Tan/Green Lowe with 50 HP Yamaha
    Almost always my wife and I together.
    Pull up and say Hi!

Trolled wth slingblades & kokabows @ 20- 50' = nothing. Try n spring shores. If you smell bacon .wave

Fished Easter noon till 4.30 and the wind blew us off. 9 in the cooler and lost several. 13-14 inches and in good shape. Got there at 8.30 - went to launch and had forgotten the boat key at home.. another round trip to meridian lol. Sling blades with pink hootchies 15 ft down

Went out this weekend. My kid wanted to go up lake - wrong choice! We finally made it back down to the dam in the afternoon with not much on board. As we got to the spillway we got plenty busy tending poles. From there all the way into Merry's Bay we stayed hot and heavy.

What a beautiful day! Water temps up 9 degrees from 2 weeks ago. And yes, looks like they turned off the spigot. Should get better and better the next few weeks.

Thanks for all the tips and thoughts everyone. If I followed them I'd a had a lot more fish in the tank. I just have to try out other places though. Always been a bit of a weirdo that way.

Rick
    Gray/White Bluewater - Stop and say howdy!

Welcome aboard, B run! Gotta love that combo of a SB and pink hootchie.. Mike

Welcome to the forum B run. That combo has been working well for me the last couple of weeks as well. Looking forward to your future posts.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Page 7 of 84 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast