Page 21 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-2016 Idaho Kokanee Fishing Reports Quick Links

Thanks galaxy - I tried green dodgers/hoochies and various flasher/wedding ring combos. Don't know why I didn't try pink dodger/hoochie. I have had good luck with it in the past. Used Fire Corn with extra krill. Had some anise on the boat and didn't try it either. Guess I didn't quite try "everything". Thanks for the reply. Never been to Anderson before. Really nice lake. Definitely going back.

Chris, try Slingblade dodgers, but get the ones that are UV. The UV ones are a couple bucks more but seem to work much better. I am going to try the Glow series too. I just bought one of each in the medium size and am hoping for the best!! Maybe size matters?

Ditto that on the UV Sling Blades. Can't beat 'em! They look so good I've even caught an osprey on one! Couple that with a UV pink hoochie and you can't do any better. Galaxy, I am assuming you are fishing by the dam? Wondering if you've caught any Chinook. Of course, they might be hard to tell from a rainbow. Mike

Looking forward to the traffic dropping off this fall! :) My question for now is what are the huge fish pings I am getting at 80-100ft near the goose neck? and if fish are they catchable?

Quote Originally Posted by Rush Rock View Post
    My question for now is what are the huge fish pings I am getting at 80-100ft near the goose neck? and if fish are they catchable?
    What you're seeing is not huge fish, but jet skis that wandered into someone's secret fishing spot.

That's good, MackayGuy!! I'm guessing you are looking at northern pikeminnows. What puzzles me is the large groups of fish on the lower end of the narrows, often by cliffs, that are in 150 or greater. Mike

So while we are waiting for Lucky Peak to clear out and cool down I wonder if Arrow Rock is close to turning back on, has anyone been up to Arrow Rock lately? I had a BALL early season until the water started the big drop but have not been up since. I would love to get back there and get more of the big Kok's we were catching earlier to get me some nice winter meals! :).

Rush Rock
    The big koks you caught early are probably in the creeks getting ready to spawn.The koks biting now are next years spawners. The water in Lucky Peak comes out of the bottom of Arrowrock so I would think it is just as cloudy as LP. Just have to wait for next years "crop" of bigger ones.

Going to LP tomorrow afternoon. Not sure of our chances but worse case is friends and a few beers! :) best chances? spring shores to AR dam or Goose Neck to nursery? I will be in my fishing machine (bought new btw from miller marina!) 1973 Fiber form tri-hull blue and white 20'. 140 hp merc outboard with 7.5 Ev. kicker, so troll by and say hi. I will post my report....any advise for this time of year to improve chances?

New to the forum and new to fishing LP/AR. Been in the area for about 8yrs and will be trying out my luck with a new boat. I grew up trolling in my grandfather's 1969 Silverline DeVille (16ft/100hp Merc OB), and it has now passed hands down to me! Grandpa had a 15hp troller on it, but I prefer electric. So, I sold the little Evinrude and put on a 28lb MinnKota. Trolled Lake Lowell with it on Wednesday, but only managed one bite. Hope to get out again in the next couple of weeks.

One question......I see many folks on here talking about what pop gear and such they are using. Where can I find a reference to these items? I have no idea what any of this stuff is because I used whatever my grandparents put in my hands at the time. Thanks!

This should enlighten you.
    http://www.fishexplorer.com/co/fxrfo...=det&pid=67248
    If the link doesn't work for you just put pop gear fishing on a Yahoo search.
    You realize of course, that you are probably in the incubation stage of "Kokanosis" and pop gear alone will just barely have an effect on you!!!
    Good luck.

thanks for the link

With the water cloudy like it is now, the Jack Lloyd would be a huge advantage.
    They are still made in Renton Wa. & I have an inquiry in to one of their distributors for local retailers. I will post it when I get it.

I fish almost exclusively with a Jack Lloyd 2-blade unless I'm using a Sling Blade. Turner's on State Street carries Jack Lloyds. Mike

I know this is the LP thread but here is what I posted in the Anderson Ranch thread as a way to share an update: The water up there is super clear and still lots of water.

Anderson Ranch fished 9-6 and 9-7. Streams are red with the senior Kokes doing their thing. caught a bunch of the 10-13"ers and had a blast in the nice weather ....we found if we could see the dam we were good but it was slower the closer you get to the dam....so we just kept it in sight in the distance. pink hoochies were best with corn/anis. however we were even catching them on floating rapalas too (go figure). early early early fishing....as soon as noon hits the fishing turned off both days.

Has anyone been doing anything on Lucky Peak in the last week or so?

Yeah, I'd like to know too. My Father in Law is in town and I'd love to take him fishing for Kokes, but not too anxious to just troll around if the cloudy water has totally stopped the bite. Thanks.
    16 foot Tan/Green Lowe with 50 HP Yamaha
    Almost always my wife and I together.
    Pull up and say Hi!

I went to Lucky Peak today hoping the water had cleared. No such luck. I went from Spring Shores towards the dam. I picked up one squawfish (oops, I mean northern pike minnow) and a nice trout in the mouth of Mores Creek. No kokanee, and the water is still pretty murky. Will it clear up for some late fall fishing? I hope!!! Based on other reports I've read, my next trip will be to Anderson Ranch for the small kokanee or to CJ Strike for some perch or crappie.

Thinking of heading out to LP next Thurs or Fri after I drop the kids off at school. My boat is gassed up and the trolling battery charged. I'm anxious to try out some new kokabow lures I bought earlier this week.

Thanks Physion ... decided to pass on LP ... and the wind pretty much has stopped me from heading to CJ. Did well at CJ week ago ... lots of medium perch, few nice bass and a whole bunch of top water action in the AM with little 8-10 inch bass .. sort of fun to watch the little guys smack a lure that's almost half their size.
    16 foot Tan/Green Lowe with 50 HP Yamaha
    Almost always my wife and I together.
    Pull up and say Hi!

Heading out in the morning to try my luck. Picked up a larger battery (group 29) and some new trolling lures just in case the kokabows don't get much action. We'll see. So far, all of my fishing partners have bailed on me, so if anyone is interested in going along, I'll have room. Flash me an email with your contact number and we can meet at the dock. Hoping to get there by 0930.

Andrew
    inthedirtagain@yahoo.com

Wondering how the water looks at LP? I'm hoping to get out Sunday and have been waiting some time for water to clear up. If anyone gets out please post water conditions and good luck fishing.

John

Made it out there by 0930, just like I wanted to. The wund was blowing a bit and it spinkled on and off, but it wasnt too bad. Kept the trolling speeds between 1.0-1.5mph and saw fish mostly between 30-100ft deep on the finder. Still, didnt have a single bite. Asked another boater about his luck and it was the same as mine. Having never fished LP before today, Im not sure what conditions should be like. Its was kinda green-ish and somewhat murky. I went out with a 4-blade Ford Fender in bronze/silver and had a pink Kokabow attached. Tried out a 30ft sinker thing, but the damn thing kept floating to the top. Might go back out on Monday and sink everything with lead.

What location were you in? I have found that LP can be great/horrible based on location. Also I have found first light to 9:30 is the good time and start thinking about heading out around 10:00. If you were not using a downrigger or leaded line you may not have been deep enough. I am tempted to go this weekend but still am not convinced it is worth it yet with the murky water I have heard about. I am really interested in any Arrow Rock reports.

even with the murky water lots of 11-14" kokanee can be landed, just like any body of water the fish have to be in the area, i would imagine many of the cooperative fish are anywhere between 15 and 30' currently and some might even be up on the surface, i plan to fish on 9/27/14 and if i go i will post results, i'm confident that i'll get a limit in the boat even with the water dropping 2' each day up there
    1982 18' Hydra-Sports Striper Special, 1982 Mariner 150hp, 1980 Johnson 7.5hp

Page 21 of 84 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast