Thread: Lake CDA

Default Lake CDA

Went out to Coeur d'Alene lake on Sunday and limited us all out, 15 each, in 3 hours on rings and flashers or dodgers, 30-45 feet deep, 1.6-2.2 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by autorick View Post
    Went out to Coeur d'Alene lake on Sunday and limited us all out, 15 each, in 3 hours on rings and flashers or dodgers, 30-45 feet deep, 1.6-2.2 mph.
    any size to them?
    1982 18' Hydra-Sports Striper Special, 1982 Mariner 150hp, 1980 Johnson 7.5hp

Consistant 12"; as usual.

thanks for the report, ill be near Lewiston in a few weeks and i'm thinking of dragging the boat up when I go, i haven't been on Coeur d'Alene for about 20 yrs and i'm hoping to get out there again soon

If you go up, you might consider trying for Chinook. Mike

Quote Originally Posted by kodiak1 View Post
    If you go up, you might consider trying for Chinook. Mike
    thanks, kokanee and rainbows are the main species that i've trolled for but catching some kings would be great, i have access to lots of old salmon gear purchased for the salt but it never got used, even if the kings are as small as a few pounds (i have no diea what size they grow to in Coeur d'Alene) that would be a great fight on some lighter gear

Hey, just discovered the Coeur d'Alene area. Looking for more info...could be an ideal place for us to retire.
    Froggie

Quote Originally Posted by kok-head View Post
    thanks, kokanee and rainbows are the main species that i've trolled for but catching some kings would be great, i have access to lots of old salmon gear purchased for the salt but it never got used, even if the kings are as small as a few pounds (i have no diea what size they grow to in Coeur d'Alene) that would be a great fight on some lighter gear

Salmon in CDA can be hard to come by sometimes. But there are some good ones in there. http://www.lcaaidaho.com/Misc_Fishing_Photos-2013.html

http://www.lcaaidaho.com/BigOne2012Standings.html

They are a great fight. I also hear rumors that Ponderay lake at Sand Point is got back some fair Kam fishing this last fall.

Froggie--- CDA gets quite a bit of snow as of these last few years---- as in feet of snow. Its a busy city but is in the middle of beautiful mountains and there are lakes all over. Great pike and trout fishing Kokes are small . Most make the trip to Dworshak (Orofino) for kokes but they arent much larger (9 to 13 average)
    There is also some fantastic fishing across the boarder in Washington. Bigger kokes and trout.
    Have friends that live in the town of Rathdrum they love it there. Its minutes from CDA and Spokane Wa, but has that small town feel and size to it.
    Last edited by fishslayer13; 02-05-2014 at 08:45 AM.

FS13...thanks for the response. We've been checking out Post Falls & other small areas nearby too. We like that it is so close to Spokane. Was wondering about the size of the kokes. Sounds a lot like the ones we catch here in CA at New Melones Lake.
    Froggie

Judy,
    I had you guys pegged for retiring down in New Mexico. Going north instead of south now?
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    Judy,
    I had you guys pegged for retiring down in New Mexico. Going north instead of south now?
    I had the same thought when you first inquired about CDA. ??????????????

Default Options

...we're just checking out some other possibilities. NM may be South, but our property is in northern nm and the harsh winters there means we will be travelling in the winter. We are also checking out southern nm.
    Froggie
    Last edited by froggie; 02-08-2014 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by froggie View Post
    Hey, just discovered the Coeur d'Alene area. Looking for more info...could be an ideal place for us to retire.
    Froggie
    Check out Hayden Lake area. Much quiet quieter than Cda and up to 20" Kokanee on a regular basis.

Hayden was my favorite this year.

autorick - you ever stay at Mokins Bay Campground? Just wondering if you can tie up on the shore there or not. I have never been to Hayden. Feel the need this spring for a trip north.
    Last edited by ricks; 02-26-2014 at 09:45 PM.

Ricks,
    I have not stayed at Mokins and it is full of milfoil and pads back by the road in the bay plus there is a public road that crosses through there and I would not trust my boat tied to shore there over night. I do not know of any other options for camping on/at Hayden that is on the water.

Thanks. Looked that way from the pics. Just have to drive around to Sportmans and drop in the water. Better off keeping yer boat close anyway. Appreciate the feedback!

Rick

Spent a few days this week at Hayden. Mokins Bay campground was mostly empty and pleasantly quiet. Days were pretty hot and with a full moon our kokanee fishing was purely mediocre. We caught several nice sized kokes, and the teenage boys I had with me flat rocked on bass and pike. But it was slow going for the kokanee. The few other boats on the water appeared to be just as slow, we seldom saw a net. With the heat, seemed like we spent more time in the water than trolling over it. Was a lot of fun though. Sure are some pricey villas around the lake :^)

Rick
    Gray/White Bluewater - Stop and say howdy!

Looks like we're making another trip to Spokane in June. Bringing the boat to do some fishing at a few different lakes.