Thread: Odell

Default Odell

The family just return from a 4th of July camping trip from beautiful Odell Lake The fishing was great. I think the up coming folks heading up in August for the kokanee tournament are going to be in for a treat there were plenty of fish and we did land some over 14 inches/one close to 15 inches a lot of 12/13 inch fish. They were scattered through out the lake, I was very surprised of the quality of the fish . Sorry to say its a 0500AM BITE. We had doubles/ and even 4 poles go off at once. I found no set patterns everything worked and then nothing worked. It is all about finding the correct deep. I had 52 degrees at 55 feet so that's were we targeted are fish. The camp host and folks were fantastic like usual, all the fisherman were friendly and were willing to share there comments what was working one big surprise was everyone, everyone was trolling no body were doing anything jigging.

I took my 12 yr old to Odell last Saturday. We launched from the Lodge and trolled down the lodge side of the lake and we weren't out there for more than 10 or 15 minutes and it was on!!! I have my two pole license and the boy had his pole and they were all going down.. We had a great time. Started at 7 and finished at 2. We caught 36 total and lost a ton also. Will be back at it this Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Love Kokanee fishing View Post
    I took my 12 yr old to Odell last Saturday. We launched from the Lodge and trolled down the lodge side of the lake and we weren't out there for more than 10 or 15 minutes and it was on!!! I have my two pole license and the boy had his pole and they were all going down.. We had a great time. Started at 7 and finished at 2. We caught 36 total and lost a ton also. Will be back at it this Saturday.
    Hey thanks for the report. I was there Saturday as well and pulled 22fish.
    I'll be back this Saturday too!