Thread: Paulina Lake info, worth going ?

Default Paulina Lake info, worth going ?

I have out of town guests coming Monday and wanting to fish for a few days. In checking the posts, I don't see any real recent reports.

Does anyone have info on fishing at Paulina or Wickiup ? Any decent success, and what seems to work the best, and is there a best location to fish ?

Thanks in advance.

I fished Paulina on the 2nd of July. Was on the water by 5:05 had first fish in the boat by 5:15 and had 6 in the boat by 5:52. We cuaght them consistently until about 10 AM and then we scratched out maybe 4 more until 12 noon when we called it quits.

I know wickiup is still fishing good if you know what you're doing. Seen plenty of good reports. Orange and pink being the go to colors as always and gold Vance dodgers.

I've also heard jigging is still good at Paulina.

These aren't first hand reports so take them with a grain of salt. Good luck!

Edit: I do have to add the fish are deep at wickiup and when I did fish it on the 4th I lost gear so be careful. Fish averaged 15" but around 2lbs!
    Also seen other posts of people loosing gear as well. Its dropping fast so hurry!
    Last edited by rainORsnow1; 07-16-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Introduced a die hard Paulina koke fisher to Wickiup kokes last Saturday. He was hooked. He went back up to Wickiup today with his buddy and followed what we did on Sat. First time solo fishing Wickiup and they got 19. They both said they won't go back to Paulina anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by chukardave1 View Post
    Introduced a die hard Paulina koke fisher to Wickiup kokes last Saturday. He was hooked. He went back up to Wickiup today with his buddy and followed what we did on Sat. First time solo fishing Wickiup and they got 19. They both said they won't go back to Paulina anytime soon.
    With this relentless HOT weather how are the Wickiup kokes tasting right about now? It wouldn't surprise me if that water is 80 degrees!

You gotta come over and see for yourself They are down deep, surface is warm, cool water down at 25'+ Have about 3-4 more weeks with the fish in good shape

I've been up to Paulina a couple times in the last two weeks and the fishing is good. Hoochies work and Hoochie tubes With a dodger and your are in them. Use scented corn