Thread: Yale 2013

Default Yale 2013

Spent some time at Yale this morning. As usual it was a wide open bite. The fish are a little bigger now with most being 10.5" . If you want to have a lot of fun and put a bunch of omega 3's in the cooler get up there. The fish were 25-35' deep straight across from Yale Park. Go get you some. The limit is 16.
    Last edited by BonkinKokes; 06-20-2013 at 11:56 AM.

Oh my gosh yes fun fun fun my daughters and I went up to Yale on Fathers day had a blast, 4 hours and 33 fish later we called it a day....not big fish but we had a blast!!! we had doubles and triples and lots of laughs!

Awesome report. Got get some more.

The hot bite continues. Fish still in the 25-35' range. Water temp 65 degrees.

Hit Yale late this morning. Like Uncle Si says, "Its on like donkey kong". About a dozen rigs fishing and catching lots of kokes. Go get em.

I'm headed up in the morning.
    Grab yourself a Koke

Wish I was there. Haven't fished for 2 weeks. Too many projects.

I saw a sign in a tavern in Montana that read, "If you're to damn busy to go fishing,then you're to damn busy." Those projects will be there when you get back.

Default Yale today

went up to Yale today. Very slow took most of the day to scratch out a limit. The host said almost everyone only had 7 or 8 today and mine was the only limit he had seen. Hotter than haties all day. Caught all the fish at 35 ft. 35 pulls back on pink splatter back flasher with red wedding ring and a copper back watermellon slingblade with a UV pink wiggle hootchie. The fish are a bit smaller than at Merwin but far more bites at Yale.Maybe headed back up in the morning before it gets hot. I'm in the white drift boat with 2 downriggers say hi if your on the water.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2293.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	6453
    Grab yourself a Koke

Default 8/29

Back up at Yale again today. The wind never stopped blowing all day and had to really work for my limit today. Also got a real nice rainbow for a kicker too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2295.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	6455  
    Grab yourself a Koke

Way to go plugs. The lake needs more fish taken out of it.

Folks are still whacking on the kokes in Yale. Go have some fun and help the lake.

Haven't been to Yale in a couple weeks. Any 12" fish showing up?

My last limit had 3 that were over 12. 1 female at 13
    Grab yourself a Koke

Thanks for the intel. Plan on fishing Merwin early and then head up to Yale. Will post my Yale results.

That female was 1 of the 3 over. The rest were all cookie cutter 10's
    Rod
    Grab yourself a Koke

We fished Merwin until 9:30. Got on water at Yale around 10:30. Immediately got into fish. Kept 10 and called it a day at 11:30. Yale fish went 9.5-11.5" Best depth was 40'. Hot pink wedding ring did the trick. The 7 boats or so were down at the dam fishing. We stayed in front of Yale Park. Lake looks to be down about 6-8'.
    Last edited by BonkinKokes; 07-25-2013 at 11:06 AM. Reason: spellin

Default Yale

Fished Yale Saturday. Its like the movie Groundhog Day. Put the gear in the water and they start biting. It was happening to fast along the clay banks so I moved down the lake to the mouth of Souixan (sp) Creek. On the way down I thought I was seeing a log with 3 cormonants on it. Check out the pic. It was just as fast fishing down there also. I got bit at 45-60'. Once again hot pink was the color for me. Noticably more people out fishing which is good. A few weeks left for Yale and Merwin. Go get some before its over.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yale16.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	6634   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3deer.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	94.3 KB 
ID:	6633  

Nice catch, the wife and I had a great time at both Yale and Merwin this year. just got back from Odell fishing was great there as well...been a great year for Kok's got a freezer full!!! Time to go chase the walleye now!

Fished Yale yesterday. Gorgeous day to be out on the water. The majority of the fish I caught were still bright with only 4 showing their spawning colors. Had one legit 12" fish with the bulk being 11". Once again pink was working for me. Even though the surface temp was 71, I caught fish at 35-40' which seemed shallow to me. Still some time to get some before its over.

Can you fish Yale this time of year? I was thinking about testing out my motor and fishing at Merwin and Yale on Saturday.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vancouvertechie View Post
    Can you fish Yale this time of year? I was thinking about testing out my motor and fishing at Merwin and Yale on Saturday.

Thanks
    You can. My friend went up last week and had some success, although he had to sort to find a few that were not in spawning phase. None the less it could be a nice boat ride to make sure the motor is prepped for Spring.
    Take a kid fishing make some reel memories!