Thread: cascade koks??

Default cascade koks??

does anyone have any places they would like to offer up to look for any koks at Cascade???

First, welcome to the site. I will send you a PM so you won't have to battle all the lurkers!!

Quote Originally Posted by clearwaterb View Post
    does anyone have any places they would like to offer up to look for any koks at Cascade???
    I will be up there the 12th - 15th And will let you know what I find out.

I am headed up there next week and would appreciate information on fishing Cascade as well. Please PM message with advice. Thanks so much.

Fishing was tough for me, The weather was bad had to fish inbetween the storms. I heard the storm on Thursday sank the dock at Sugarloaf. I caught a ton of Rainbows, a few Kokes and some Coho and Perch. The Perch were scattered and The Salmon was slow for me no big numbers.

You did well. We hit it hard today and could only manage a few nice trout and 5 pig perch. Couldn't find the Kokes or the Coho.

So I get that this is a Kokanee forum, but no one ever really talks about the coho up there. Do you use similar gear? Do you need to troll faster? How big are they?

Last year I got a couple of cohos pulling dodgers and squids. The biggest one was just shy of 24 inches. He hit so hard he pulled 50 feet of line out before I got the rod holder. We went up last Saturday afternoon and the fishing was slow. We boated just one rainbow and just had a couple of other bites. Talked to a couple of other boats and more of the same.

I must admit the lake has me befuddled so far this year. I have been up 3 out of the last 4 weeks and some days we would do very well on the trout and other days not so well. This last fri evening and sat morning it was as slow as I have seen it (2 nice trout and a perch). But the lake looked all messed up from the crazy weather, cloudy, gray water, etc.

Last 2 year we did well finding big kokes and some Coho.......but so far this year not a one and fishing all the usual spots. The only thing different is I have been hitting it a little earlier than last year. Last year started the beginnign of july where this year I have been at it since mid june. I am not sure that could be it or if it is more weather related or ?????

Hi there,

New this forum. Went to cascade Thursday morning. Thick fog until 11 am. It was eerie like the twilight zone. Head off toward crowns point, you could only
    see 50 feet. Finally got around the point and fog was thicker and was just trolling in the mist. We hooked 4 rainbows One being 22 inches. After 11 am no bites for
    2 hours and then a big slam had fish for 5 seconds and lure line broke, must have had a bad abrasion on it. Rainbows were caught down 20 feet and last hit was
    at 31 feet...maybe that was a coho.

Does anyone have any updates to offer on Cascade? I have fished it 3 week-ends the out of the last 5 and still cannot find the Kokes or the Coho? I gave it a rest last week-end but thinking of attacking again this coming.

I have had success in past years but so far this year all I can muster is trout and perch?

I have found the trolling for everything slow. FInally found a few perch on the smaller side. would love to find the coho or koks

Quote Originally Posted by metalheadgene View Post
    Does anyone have any updates to offer on Cascade? I have fished it 3 week-ends the out of the last 5 and still cannot find the Kokes or the Coho? I gave it a rest last week-end but thinking of attacking again this coming.

I have had success in past years but so far this year all I can muster is trout and perch?
    Heading up tomorrow and try for trout and coho.....let you all know how the luck goes when I get back.

Fished at cascade Friday, 10 fish, 8 trout and 2 small cohos. Heard from resident that trout gets better around middle to end of August.