Thread: Wickiup

Default Wickiup

Had some friends just return weather was very windy, the lake warmed up some/ Plankton all over the surface and a lot of bugs/fish are know scattered through out the lake not bottle up on the West end like they were previously. Go to in the morning been gold and various colors of Mini Hoochies.

Did u happen to hear if the kokes filling up on the plankton shutting off the bite?
    I've heard they're still doing fairly well. With white and orange being the go to colors.

The bite has slowed with a ton of bugs on the water. The best time has been real early in the morning before the bugs start to hatch. All year it has been a pink bite (for me) though my friends have been catching them on orange, might have to do with the water warming up. The last couple of weeks a black and white spinner has been the best producer on my boat.

There comments where they bush wacked 10 in the morning turned around in the evening got the same/ one day they were blown off the lake. Nothing real big 14 to 15 inch range lost some also mulity colored corn seem to work a little better tuna scents been working very well. I would say fishing been O.K. slowed some since the opener. Listening to the weather reports seem like the lake will be very fish able for the weekend mild winds that is what I'm most concerned about. It will be close to the 60 degree mark for temp. Every thing I'm hearing is under 30 percent chance of rain I can live with that. Had a friend call this morning 3 " of snow this morning at Wolalla Lake BRRRRR.

Yeah weather looks pretty mild. Looks like we're gonna be working for em. Can't wait to get out there!

It was a cool, breezy and rainy day Sunday. Water temp has dropped over 10 degrees in the last two weeks. Water was 53* when we started. Morning bite was a lot of fun, the young boys on board had more fun deciding who was going to whack the fish when they got in the boat. Preferred that over reeling them in. Finished at lunch time with 19. Majority came on hootchies from top to bottom. Bigger fish than we have taken the last couple of trips.

Man sounds like you had a good day!!!! Was out there Sat and ended up with 3 lost a couple and that was about it. Maybe they take Sat off.. I'm still thinking it is only gonna get better.

Man you did way better then me too. Every person I talked to had none or one. I ended up with nine Saturday and lost eight on Sunday before I finally landed three. All of the fish were 14" except one fat 18".

Wikiup turned out great last year. It should be great this year. It was 93% today and it is going up very fast.