Thread: Wickiup

Default Wickiup

Oh Yea! Oh Yea Babe, Excellent weekend the fish cooperated they were BIG. I 'll think I'll start off it was full of fisherman a lot. I started off at first light on the East end of the lake and found no fish. A fellow fisherman called on are progress He already had 6 in the box and one over 17 inches. We had 2 hrs trying to find the fish we hit the area (west end)and of course what they wanted wasn't on are lines. The second fish in the boat was over 18 inches we just finished with 9 nothing under 16 inches then the wind pick up and we came in. Sunday we were out at first light we couldn't keep the lines in the water a lot of double's, every thing was 14 to 15 1/2 inches we landed 25 and lost 25 we left at 10 am. I thought was one of the best openers ever. I will say Wickiup is not a bigginers lake. I would love to share the medicine with my fellow fisherman and fisherwomen . Vances Gold dodgers and I used special teasers but orange was the color for us Mini Hoochie size in red or pink also worked. The magic sent was Tuna. I used Mikes Lunger lotion Tuna. Every thing was 10 ft or higher in the water column. I had some success with a white and black swing blade. The lake is full of big fat KOKANEEEEEEEE.

Thanks for the report, I will be there Thursday through Sunday

Finished with ten. Just me and my hound.Lost as many. Morning bite was the best ive ever seen. Biggest ran 17" and not one fish under 13"!!! Fish were great fighters! I'm going back in June for sure. Only draw back is I'm sure I lost the fish of a lifetime. Got it to the boat. Got a good look at it, yelled,"that things freakin huge!". He then made a big run after missing with the net and snap! I sat there shaking from the adrenaline and cussing for about five minutes before I had to get back at it. Great day on the water. Talked to quite a few guys at the cleaning station who had there limits. One old boy had his limit and two larger fish then my 17". Gonna be a banner year at wickiup I think.
    http://s1274.photobucket.com/albums/...ps351b8e1d.jpg.
    http://s1274.photobucket.com/albums/...ps5fda987f.jpg