Thread: Opener is Saturday. Pumped!!!

Default Opener is Saturday. Pumped!!!

Can't wait to get a line wet in Wickiup this Saturday. Anyone heading that way this weekend??

Oh yea baby HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY I got my sled ready its 11-10 am poles are in/ down riggers are on and I'm working on scents to go / Wickiup be at space #2 twin lake RV know if I can get the fish to cooperated looks a nice week end, weather wise see ya on the water I have a custom wrap on my boat has my company name its 21 ft motion marine just put a minn koto electric on it will be it first trip using a electric.

I'll be at Wickiup both Saturday and Sunday. We have a little 16' HewesCraft. We'll be the ones waiting in line to launch our boat :-) We never fish early so we'll have trouble finding a parking spot as well. Last year's opening day was awesome. The following day we caught nothing. Really weird.

aaaaahhhhh Friday off so Wickiup is where I am gonna watch the sun come up. Hope they are biting. Buddy of mine from work has never really Kokanee fished so I am taking out. Gonna fish than grab a camping spot at Gull point campground and enjoy the rest of the weekend with the wife and kids, Oh yeah also more fishing.

We went last Friday and Sunday and caught nine both days. 14"-15". We got there at sun up and left by 8:00 because we had other things to do. You should do great if you're there at sun up. Last week the fish were at 7-10' at that time of day. Have fun!

Yep made it out there Friday bright and early and ended up with 14. Sat started same time and only caught two with a couple of bites. Sunday I only put in a couple of hours but, I caught six lost seven and caught a 24 in Brown on a orange splatter Hoochie thing. Thought I had the Koke of a lifetime but it was a big ole brown. Awesome. Gonna try to hit it again Saturday. Not killing em with a specific color but keep them biting by switching it up a lot.

Default Monday the 3rd of June

Quote Originally Posted by Love Kokanee fishing View Post
    Yep made it out there Friday bright and early and ended up with 14. Sat started same time and only caught two with a couple of bites. Sunday I only put in a couple of hours but, I caught six lost seven and caught a 24 in Brown on a orange splatter Hoochie thing. Thought I had the Koke of a lifetime but it was a big ole brown. Awesome. Gonna try to hit it again Saturday. Not killing em with a specific color but keep them biting by switching it up a lot.
    Well I made it out there again this morning and to say the least it was a great day to be on the water. My buddy and I ended up with 7. We lost a few and a couple take downs. Not sure what the deal is. Hopefully this week of warm weather will help them start biting. I know it is only gonna get better.