Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: American 2013

Both you guys kick my butt!!! But I think the weather kicked all are's on Monday!!! Glad to see you guys out there, in the rain and wind, giving it a go!!! Couldn't tell from this pic I took of your boat TrollNFisher around 6:30am that the weather turned for the worst!!! Tough conditions, I stayed out after I dropped of Ret Sgt Maj with his 4 fish around 11:30am to finish out my limit right before you left kokanee_slayer!!! Tough conditions no doubt, as TrollNFisher said just got lucky!!!
    Winterun
    Joe and Darren, You guys kill me. The two of you are a couple of the best Anglers I've ever met.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterun View Post
    Both you guys kick my butt!!! But I think the weather kicked all are's on Monday!!! Glad to see you guys out there, in the rain and wind, giving it a go!!! Couldn't tell from this pic I took of your boat TrollNFisher around 6:30am that the weather turned for the worst!!! Tough conditions, I stayed out after I dropped of Ret Sgt Maj with his 4 fish around 11:30am to finish out my limit right before you left kokanee_slayer!!! Tough conditions no doubt, as TrollNFisher said just got lucky!!!
    Winterun
    Joe nice pic thanks I saved it. You hit it on the head tough conditions I got a second wind when I popped open my thermos of coffee a couple of times. What's bad is I checked the weather the night before and it didn't look that bad, boy that weather man had it wrong and needs to relook his career field. Look forward to seeing you all again this weekend sometime. I also hear riffe calling me we will see.

Quote Originally Posted by kokanee_slayer View Post
    Joe and Darren, You guys kill me. The two of you are a couple of the best Anglers I've ever met.
    Mark, I'm still a rookie ask Joe he seen me I'm sure trying to start my kicker and I had the switch in the off position. It fired right up when I switched to on!

Took Joe's (Winterun) advice and fished 70+ water. Trolled along the north side, east of County Park launch. The higher baro pressure is bringing the kokes up above 50 feet. Marked most from 30' to 45' today. Pulled a 17" and a 12" from 38' in 75 ' of water using a homemade hoochie with a Double D dodger.

I read an article somewhere about tying #8 tandem hooks with about a half hook length overlap and hiding the hooks up inside a mini hoochie body (I used two glow beads for spacers above the hooks). The theory was that both smaller hooks will be hit at once and the odds are good that both hooks may stick. Well, it worked. Both my kokes were double hooked inside the mouth. The 17"er did two tailwalks and never came loose!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Amer5-31-13.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	6327
    Oncorhynchus nerka

Me and my son fished on am 1 Jun we landed 5 kokes all nice size 12-14 inches but fat. No big fish yesterday but it was a great morning of fishing and trolling along. Trolling speed was 1.2-1.4 fish were 30-45 foot down.

Good Catching TrollFisher and son!!!! It was great seeing you on the water.

Well finally made it out today for the first time in over a month. Man i needed that, only managed one in the boat and also lost two more. The bite seemed to be early in the morning and was mostly done by 8-9ish came on both pink and green. Off to alder tomorrow.

Default American 8 Jun

Fished 8 June 5-11AM me and my son landed nine kokes, fish were deep 44-55 down on the riggers, majority of fish were caught using kokanee kid fishing spin n glows.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8 Jun.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	57.4 KB 
ID:	6383  

Way to go trollnfish! I havnt been doing so well out there this year. How big are they?

I think 13-14 for some I didn't measure them, 2 were small. No big ones yesterday.

Default 14 Jun

My son and I hit American Friday 14 Jun evening Fish were caught 45-55 foot down on the riggers picked up 10 kokes. There is 9 kokes in the picture we were going to leave but my son said we are not leave until we get 10. Short time later picked it up.

Name:	14 jun.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	6400  

Fished American yesterday evening (21 June) with my son landed 8 kokes and a trout, it was a beautiful afternoon. Fish were 40-45 foot down on the riggers and very feisty fish, lots of fun.
    Last edited by TrollNFisher; 06-22-2013 at 01:39 PM.

Again, Nice Work Darren and Son!! You guys have been putting a hurtin on the Koks at American this year.

Default American Lake Porkers 06-22-13

Caught these Kokanee Footballs between 5:00 and 6:15 A/M on the East side of Silcox Island in 70 to 80ft of water using Pink Minihoochies behind Bahamamama Dodgers 32 to 42ft down on the wire and 29 pulls back. Time to crank up the "Ole Smoker" and take a batch into my crew at work.

Name:	Smoker 06-23-13.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	93.8 KB 
ID:	6428   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	American 06-22-13.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	21.6 KB 
ID:	6429  

Mark, nice job and you have also been putting a hurtin on them as well. What times dinner?

Default American 29 Jun

Fished American this morning with my son landed 5 kokes, it was a nice morning until about 9am then the water vermons where coming out in full force. Fish were 40-55 foot down on the riggers and very feisty fish. We stopped at 915am and fishing was not easy today by no means unless you wanted trout. Used kokaneekidfishing pink tiger spin n glow and a glitter pink one.

Name:	fish 29 Jun.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	6457   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	plane.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	6456   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunrise.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	6454  

Nice catch. Schools out. Lots more time for vermin to get out.

Nice work Darren!

Default American Lake Kokes - 30 June

After hearing from Darren about his success on the 29th, I decided to hit American early Sunday morning with the goal of catching a limit and being off the lake early, ahead of the Rec Boater and Jet Skier madness. I started fishing at sunup and had my limit by 6:30 A/M. Although I was marking fish down to 55ft, most my hits occurred in the 32 to 34 ft depth range. My most productive setups were Pearlescent UV and Pink Splatterback Mini-hoochies behind Bahamamama Dodgers, 29 pulls back at a troll speed of 1.2 to 1.4 mph.

Name:	downsized_0630130624.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	36.6 KB 
ID:	6461  

Default 5 & 6 july

Fished 5th and 6th on the 5th fishing was tough as I didn't get to the lake until 0830 and fished until 330pm. On 6 July I was out at day break and fished till 830 and scratched out a limit. Both days fished between 40-55 foot deep with the setups below in the picture.

Name:	5 July.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	6482   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6 July.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	6483  

Nice work Darren!!!

Fished American 13 July from 5-8am landed 4 nice kokes, fished were between 40-45 on the riggers. It was a nice clear morning on the water. Left early I had some honey dos to get started.

Default Rookie back to American 7-13

I hit American again today. Managed 3 (this Rookie's still in search of a limit).
    Crackered off 4 and one was a GIANT...felt and looked bigger than the 17 1/2 from last week...but you know how BIG the fish you loose tend to get.

Again...the place is lousy with trout.

REALLY starting to dig the Kokanee thing...and I've just started.

Rod is leaning on a rock in this pic...makes the fish seem smaller than they were...However,these were NOT giants

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	July 13-13 American.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	99.5 KB 
ID:	6513
    Last edited by KokeRook; 07-15-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Fished American 13 July from 5-8am landed 4 nice kokes, fished were between 40-45 on the riggers. It was a nice clear morning on the water. Left early I had some honey dos to get started.
    Nice Work Darren!!! As normal you knocked them dead. Understand the "Honey Do's"; this was the first weekend, since early April, that I wasn't able to make it out on the water to chase Koks. I had a bunch of projects stacked up that I needed to knock out.

Way to go KokRook!!! Thanks for the report.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast