Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Merwin 2013 post it here

Had to check and make sure the boat was running ok after some repairs so we went up to Merwin on the 21st for a shake down run, turns out the boat was running good and I happen to see some fish looking like they might want to play we caught a couple on our way back to the dock, but the sunset was more picture worthy than anything, I thinking maybe we should take more evening runs on the lake!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1257.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	6651  
    Team Wild Child Follow us on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMeIbuRWhobsmMmpM4xQayQ?feature=watch

Nice pic. Evening as the sun goes down is always wonderful. We night fish at Loon in Eastern WA for kokanee and get to see the sun set and the moon rise....really cool! And we get to catch fish too. Caught 20 last night for three of us; a little slow but the fish were fat , scrappy 12 inchers.

Ok so its been a while since we have been here and updated things, I need to get after Shawn to get it done . Anyway he had kind of a cool opportunity pop up last month that I wanted to share. A friend of ours called and wanted to know if we could go out for a day of fishing and film with Angler West TV. Unfortunately I had to work but Shawn had the day off from school so he was able to go! Lucky bugger!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIIVFWoZiQY
    Team Wild Child Follow us on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMeIbuRWhobsmMmpM4xQayQ?feature=watch

Fun to watch

Default Merwin

Quote Originally Posted by Mudinchev View Post
    Ok so its been a while since we have been here and updated things, I need to get after Shawn to get it done . Anyway he had kind of a cool opportunity pop up last month that I wanted to share. A friend of ours called and wanted to know if we could go out for a day of fishing and film with Angler West TV. Unfortunately I had to work but Shawn had the day off from school so he was able to go! Lucky bugger!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIIVFWoZiQY
    Mudinchev:
    What a great video! Looks like it was a super day up there. It was also great fishing up at Swift during that same time. We used some different slingblades and a fly and a slingblade- worm/corn combo with great success. Had about 70 fish a day to the net, but we released everything after our three limits. It has been some great fishing up there this year. Life is good.

GET THE NET

Ok so I am kidding my self if I think Shawn is going to have time to do a recap of even the month of November, with all his home work and sports he doesn't seem to have much for spare time , we spent the majority of September and October chasing Salmon so not really much to report on Merwin anyway. November how ever turned out to be STELLAR! Just for size comparison I am adding a picture of one our last trips in August these were from a trip we took on August 10th. The next picture is one from November 11th. We were out on the 10th as well with similar success, the water temp on the surface was averaging 54-55 degrees. We were marking fish from the surface down to 60 plus feet but the active fish that wanted to play were in the 20-30 range. We have never targeted these fish this late in the year but it turns out they still want to play!

Name:	20131111_123823.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	6745   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG1224.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	98.2 KB 
ID:	6744  

November 24th: The fishing was as hot as spring time! We had our limit of Kokanee and 1 3lb trout by 10am! It was such a nice day we decided to target trout for a couple of hours to see if we could find any of the big ones that got put in this summer, and sure enough we found one of those too. Same drill, 20-30 feet deep, sling blades and hoochies, pink being the hottest color but orange and a multi-colored one were hitting pretty good as well. The 5 1/2 pound trout came on a lime green wedding ring trolling close to shore and only 10 feet deep.

Name:	20131124_140332.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	6747   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131124_130752.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	6746  
    Last edited by Mudinchev; 12-13-2013 at 12:22 AM.

November 29th: Some friends of ours had Black Friday off as well and they were able to join us, no real changes in gear/depth or speed, the only change to note was the surface temp had dropped to 49-50 degrees. We actually set a new boat record for Merwin 40 Kokanee and 1 trout! This was Jake's (pictured with Shawn) second ever Kokanee trip, see above for his first . Only this time his dad was there to join in the fun. I think we hooked another one on this great sport, since this trip his dad has been talking to me about what he needs and how to set his boat up.

Name:	20131129_072223.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	6748   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20131129_135117.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	102.8 KB 
ID:	6749  

Quote Originally Posted by Mudinchev View Post
    November 29th: Some friends of ours had Black Friday off as well and they were able to join us, no real changes in gear/depth or speed, the only change to note was the surface temp had dropped to 49-50 degrees. We actually set a new boat record for Merwin 40 Kokanee and 1 trout! This was Jake's (pictured with Shawn) second ever Kokanee trip, see above for his first . Only this time his dad was there to join in the fun. I think we hooked another one on this great sport, since this trip his dad has been talking to me about what he needs and how to set his boat up.
    Mudinchev:

Awesome pictures and great job on the fishing. It's nice to see the fish are still willing to bite up there. I think I may have to head up that way next week if we ever get a little warmer/drier day. Maybe we'll see you there. Also thinking about Coldwater Lake too.

GET THE NET

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456