Thread: Lake PDO Kokanee

Default Lake PDO Kokanee

I read thursday night that the Kokanee fishing is/might open up this year with a six fish limit.

True! In 1997-8 they were only able to collect about 500,000 eggs at Granite Creek in December. This past Dec. they collected over 12 million eggs. Now if we can just keep killing the lake trout, maybe the great Kamploops trout fishing of old might return. Let's hope. Mike

I'm waiting for the storm to blow over, going to try and catch some mak's and kokanee tomorrow, i'll be sure to post if anything happens.

6 fish limit for kok's opened on the first of Jan no size limit. I'll i've seen so far is a lot of 10" fish.

Quote Originally Posted by fowllanguage View Post
    I'm waiting for the storm to blow over, going to try and catch some mak's and kokanee tomorrow, i'll be sure to post if anything happens.

6 fish limit for kok's opened on the first of Jan no size limit. I'll i've seen so far is a lot of 10" fish.

Caught my limit of 6 in about 40 minutes out by the "boat basin" launch on the north end, running the downrigger to about 50 feet to the first fish showing up on the sonar. Bite was hot, I was running maggots (spikes) on green wedding rings behind custom "dawnie" (fenders). All fish caught in that band were around 10", some smaller fish were caught but the average were pretty high. Guys on the radio were not having troubles with catching limits either. We were sustenance fishing and the fish were great in the oven that night. Kokanee population looks great and the 6 fish limit should prevent over harvest from some of the more greedy of us.

Good to hear, i will have to go and give it a shot.

Any recent updates for this lake? Thinking of giving it a shot

big lake for no reports, has any one been up yet