Thread: 2013 Odell Lake Report Thread

Default 2013 Odell Lake Report Thread

Odell is not open yet, but this will be the place to go to give and get the latest news about Odell this year.
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

Where are the fish ????? Not at Odell today for me and lots of others with ZERO fish. Oh well it was a beautiful day with lots of eagles to check out.

Good for us, although not great yet. 62 kokes for the weekend. 11-12 inch average. All jigging.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky Duck View Post
    Good for us, although not great yet. 62 kokes for the weekend. 11-12 inch average. All jigging.
    any suggestions on what to use? i am headed there for memorial day. i am new to chasing kokanee and i am taking the kids for there first camping trip there.

My experience is with jigging. If you plan to troll I will defer to others. Check out this guide, hope your staying at Shelter Cove.
    http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/531322

Quote Originally Posted by The Lucky Duck View Post
    My experience is with jigging. If you plan to troll I will defer to others. Check out this guide, hope your staying at Shelter Cove.
    http://www.magcloud.com/browse/issue/531322
    Thanks for the info, gonna give it a shot. hopefully we can get into them!

A couple buddies and myself snuck off to Odell last night and stayed the night. we seen bunches of fish on the finder and even got into a school of jumpers, but we were only were only able to get three in the boat 2 jigging and 1 trolling. We only had 3 bites. Everyone I had talked to wasn't doing much better. did see one boat catch one trolling. guess we are going to have to work harder next time to figure them out!

We arrived at Odell this afternoon. By the time we got the boat on the lake it was 6:00pm. We fished until 9:00pm and boated 32 fish. Pink was the color for the evening. 6" Sling blade pink skeleton followed by a pink Micro Hoochi tipped with Tuna soaked corn. New equipment for us was the Chamberlin releases and the Ego style nets, both worked well. The Chamberlin releases took a couple of fish to get the settings correct and then they worked flawlessly. It was so nice to not have any false releases. Another plus with these releases is when you let the riggers down the tension on the line is such that it does not bow out and tangle with the upper stacker line.
    I have high hopes tomorrow and expect we will get our two limits.
    Largest fish was 13.5".

Nicely done great report h'mmm chamberlins wonder were you got that idea.

Monday report. Thanks mike for the chamberlin suggestion. I saw these a while back and my thought was do I need another item for the boat. After talking to mike I decided to give them a try. The one person that is happy with the devices is my wife, it is a winner!
    The fishing was hot in the morning with pink the hot ticket again. At 8:00 am the bite slowed. We started changing up and went to sling blades with blue skeleton pateren followed by Gary's bug in the color purple, pink and white. We also used a radicle glow tube in the San dab color (white with black spots). Which was the top producer. By 2:00pm we were exhausted so we called it a day with 48 fish with 13.5" the largest of these.
    Tuesday was slower as the weather change changed the aggressive behavior. We finally changed out to blue Alvin's and the sand dab, followed with the blue Alvin and a pink and purple micro hoochie. We fished from 7-11 and put 22 in the box.
    We had a blast and the wind was not unbearable even though we did have to put out the two drift socks and hang the anchor off the front and down 6 ft. I always find the Kokanee fishing better when the wind blows.

Tell me about the Chamberlin release. And where to buy them?

I bought mine from Kokanee Tackle. There is a video if you go to Chamberlin's web sight. (Downriggerrelease) This will explain it very well.

kokaneegal I have been using them for 4 years and love them. they are more useful with electric downriggers and indispensable when I am stacking and trying to keep up with multiple downriggers and rods. the thing I like best is once dialed in any one on the boat can set them with the exact setting and result every time. no more wondering if you are to tight or false releases because you were to loose and with the two separate settings, one for the fish and one for the pole. you can bend your pole to the water if you wanted, to help take up line slack when released and still trip a 6'' fish. the only pincher I use any more are on my shuttle hawks. they also have some videos on u-tube. one thing if you get the stackers I would make my chamberlain strap so you don't loose them. kokaneemart is a good place here in Portland to order from. dfly

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Manipulator View Post
    I bought mine from Kokanee Tackle. There is a video if you go to Chamberlin's web sight. (Downriggerrelease) This will explain it very well.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonfly View Post
    kokaneegal I have been using them for 4 years and love them. they are more useful with electric downriggers and indispensable when I am stacking and trying to keep up with multiple downriggers and rods. the thing I like best is once dialed in any one on the boat can set them with the exact setting and result every time. no more wondering if you are to tight or false releases because you were to loose and with the two separate settings, one for the fish and one for the pole. you can bend your pole to the water if you wanted, to help take up line slack when released and still trip a 6'' fish. the only pincher I use any more are on my shuttle hawks. they also have some videos on u-tube. one thing if you get the stackers I would make my chamberlain strap so you don't loose them. kokaneemart is a good place here in Portland to order from. dfly
    Thanks guys, I will check it out.