Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Green Peter Report Thread

Smile 2013 Green Peter Report Thread

Okay, GP is starting to get a little more attention and activity, so it's time to start up this years official, or not so official, place to post your GP reports.

Think Bigger Fish This Year!
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

Heard reports already of bigger fish. So far my biggest this year has been the typical 10-12". Look forward to seeing wat this fishery does this year. On another note, it sure is nice to see this site wake up. Was definetley a ghost town think I only saw the moderators posting things for the most part. Kokanee season is beginning soon everyone!!

Fished today from 8:30-4. Nice day on the lake. A little wet but the wind stayed down. Landed 12 and lost a few more. They were all 10-11". Fish are scattered all over. We caught most by the island. Downrigger at 25' and leaded line 3 colors in the water. All on my hand tied lures. (Pink)

21' Red Maxxim NR Seahawk

NWFishQuest.com

fished today from 7 am until 3 pm. 12 fish in the boat, and we lost at least that many. fished 5 rods 2 on the downriggers and 3 longlining. 3/4 oz and about 100 ft back. pink wedding rings and hootchies for the most part gold and watermelon dodgers. beautiful day on the lake, the wind didnt kick up until we were about ready to leave. the fish were all 9 to 11 inches. the water is creaping up on the high water ramp, the toe is under 3 or 4 ft of water, but the low water ramp is still usable

We fished Sunday from 9-3. landed 9 koks and 1 rainbow. Three lines out. Two on downriggers and one long line. Tried a number of different things, but the silver and red wedding ring with corn did the best down about 20 feet on the downrigger. Did'nt measure but the fish were in that 9-11 inch range. The water was still low enough that we used the low water ramp. My partner talked to another fisherman at the ramp that had caught 22 but we didnt really find out what he was using. Water temp was 44.

Other than length how do the fish look. I would suspect this early in the year they are a little on the skinny side.
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

Quote Originally Posted by DLM View Post
    Other than length how do the fish look. I would suspect this early in the year they are a little on the skinny side.
    they were not really skinny at all. they were pretty healthy looking actually.

Quote Originally Posted by DLM View Post
    What I noticed is that the meat wasn't as pink as they get later on. They still tasted pretty good.

Fished up there yesterday from 8am-5:30pm. What a beautiful day on the water. No wind at all. The lake was like glass most of the day. We boated 20 nice fish. Most were caught on my own tied micro glow pink hoochie and a pink glow hoochie with a copper blade. Gold Sepp's dodger on the downrigger at 25' was the best depth. With about 100' set back. Most fish caught at the island.

Attachment 6034
    Attachment 6035

NWFishQuest.com

dirthawk - What size were your fish?
    KokaneeGal

They were all 10-11". Good size for this time of year.

NWFishQuest.com

Has any one been to GP lately? Where is the water level at ? Is there a water level web site I can check levels at ? Thanks

I took my first trip there on the 11th. I would guess the water level was 15-20 ft. from full pool. The launch was good, plenty of water but the lower dock is not floating yet. What surprised me most was all of the boats that were there, we showed up around 1p.m. and the parking lot was 3/4 full. I asked one boat pulling out how they had done, (three old timers) they had limited out jigging.
    Surface water temp. was around 50 and pretty good clarity, very little junk on the surface. The few fish that we boated looked in good shape and decent size for this early so, am looking for a pretty good season up there.

Tight lines

I haven't been there lately but there are a ton of reports on ifish and yes it has been red hot! Good luck!

Fished GP today. I landed 15 and lost about the same. They were all caught 15-25ft on the rigger. Pink hoochie with a copper blade was the hot lure. Caught most at the far ease end of the lake. Did land a few by the Island early in the day.

NWFishQuest.com

That's alot of fish lost. What kind of size are we talking? Thank you for the tips.

Default Green Peter 04/21/13

Fished on Sunday and had a great time with my wife & good friend Greg Loe.. We ended the day at 2:00pm with 40 nice kok's that ran 10 to 11 inches.. Loved my new Abu Garcia STX revo's along with my Lamiglas Kokanee downrigger rods - CG 70 DR.. what I great setup.. Caught all my fish in the top 10 feet of the water column.

Fish On kokaneekid
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4872.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	6158  

Fished yesterday up at GP. Landed 21. UV Pink and Pink Double Glow micro hoochies were the best performers. Fished at the East end of the lake at the start and ended up by the island. Most were caught at the east end. Here are some of the catch.

NWFishQuest.com

Fished GP last Sat and we caught our first limit of the year. 50 kokanee and 10 trout. It was a great day on the lake. Light rain on and off but no wind. I have a new line of 1.5" hoochies available now.

Last edited by dirthawk; 05-24-2013 at 10:24 PM.

NWFishQuest.com

dirthawk - what size were the kokanee you caught?

I was up there Monday and caught 25 they are 10 to 11". I caught one this spring that was 15" it looked like a snake and the inside looked very bad had to get rid of it.

Most of the kokanee were 10-11" maybe a couple up to 12".

NWFishQuest.com

Cool Good day on Green Peter

Fished Sunday May 26 from 9am till 2pm. Other than a couple of showers, beautiful and very flat water. Bite was at 33-42 feet. pink predominant color, but good results with a purple kokanee khaos. 48 hooks, 33 to the boat all 11-12 inch including 5 trout (got to have something to give away to the neighbors, lol). Caught everything in the east end of the lake. large school next to the creek inlet, but watch the depth! Stop wishin'... go fishin!

Is there anyone fishing GP this time of year ? And if there is how are you doing?

I was up there the last weekend in Oct and landed 16 nice next year's fish.

NWFishQuest.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast