Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2013 Dworshak Fishing Thread

kenbarb - I'm hoping that your post to John was actually directed to me. Anyway, I think that we will take your advice. The pictures I have looked at of the Dent campground look great and we will just hope that the fishing will match. Thanks.
    Mark

Hi brewsr, The post was for you, my mistake. I'm sure you and your family will enjoy Dent Acres, and the fishing should be good.

Cool. Reservations are made. Any suggestions on gear for fishing? I've got all of the regular stuff. Anything special? Thanks for everything.

brewsr, You will need to get down to 40'+, if you have a downrigger no problem, otherwise you will need a banana weight, at least 4 oz. or more, use a 10# braid to get more depth. Use a string of Les Davis spinners, also use a snubber. For the terminal lure wedding Rings, and squidders work good, pink and red has been working for us, but friends of ours have been doing great with green. If you don't have a line counter reel, put a bobber stop at 60' on all the reels you will be using, when letting out line, stop when the bobber stop is a foot or two beyond the tip. We have been running the terminal lure 12" to 16" behind the string of spinners. You will probably catch all the Kokanee you want. If you put your fish on ice in your cooler they will stay firm, otherwise they will be mush, we use a plastic bag with ice in it. Have fun.

Brewser, did you have any luck at Dent?

Quote Originally Posted by brewsr View Post
    Cool. Reservations are made. Any suggestions on gear for fishing? I've got all of the regular stuff. Anything special? Thanks for everything.

Going up to try Dent today/tomorrow. We'll head up past the bridge and give a report sunday.

Thanks for all the tips and successes here on the forum. My 13 yo son and I caught the Koke bug a year ago and been going deeper into servitude to the addiction. Ya'all see a gray striped 17 foot BlueWater open bow getting more rigged for koke every week, say hi.

Rick

Attachment 6648

Took me a while to find a combo that would hit. We tried 'everything' we could think of and didn't do much yesterday. Finally dropped a downrigger below 75 foot and found a few fish. First one was 12 inch and the rest of them were 8 or 9 inch. Caught a half dozen is all, in between jigging for bass. We were finally able to catch a few with a fender rig and 3 oz weight as well. 2 oz didn't cut it. Speeds had to be pretty low.

We never got up past around halfway to Grandad from Dent. Probably would have done better further up.

Rick

Thanks for the report, Rick. I am disappointed but not surprised with your results. I think we should start thinking about steelhead and salmon, it's pretty late for kokes. We'll chase kokes next spring!

John

Quote Originally Posted by ricks View Post
    Took me a while to find a combo that would hit. We tried 'everything' we could think of and didn't do much yesterday. Finally dropped a downrigger below 75 foot and found a few fish. First one was 12 inch and the rest of them were 8 or 9 inch. Caught a half dozen is all, in between jigging for bass. We were finally able to catch a few with a fender rig and 3 oz weight as well. 2 oz didn't cut it. Speeds had to be pretty low.

We never got up past around halfway to Grandad from Dent. Probably would have done better further up.

Rick

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345