Thread: shuttle hawk permanent repair

Default shuttle hawk safty strap

I don't use these except when stacking the 3rd pole for trout, or when the bite is on and I don't want to pull up when they take the top stacker. then I will send one down to make up for the missing pole. they work great but I use chamberlains most all of the time and have electric down riggers but back to the shuttle hawk I have lost them and I know many people that have lost them and I wasn't happy with the mediocre fixes like rubber bands, tape,or screws so I came up with a permanent fix I used a large clip,(I started out with the small ones and they will get stuck in the hole) the one in the picture is the one that works best then get SS down rigger cable, crimp eyes that are 3-5/16 pull to pull and put them on the clips, you will have to tip the rear clip forward or bend the dr cable back to hook up but then when hooked up it is relaxed and floats with the shuttle hawk I have setup many of these for me and friends and no body has lost one or have any complaints. I use cable because it is ridged, fishing line was too limp and caused the clip to drag. here are some pics of the results. dfly

Last edited by dragonfly; 11-24-2013 at 04:36 PM.

I was thinking of getting a couple Shuttle Hawks this year. I did not know losing them was even an issue. Your fix is great! Will set mine up like that too. Good job.

That's a good idea. After loosing 3 shuttle hawks the 1st week of using them here is what I came up with and haven't lost one since. Picture speaks for itself. The one is clipped on the cable before you start fishing and freely slides up and down all day without a hitch.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_2150.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	5883
    Grab yourself a Koke

Great Ideas
    I just know stuff...

Unable to see plugs photo
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokaholic View Post
    Unable to see plugs photo
    can you see it now mark?
    I just know stuff...

Yes sir. Thanks. All great ideas
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Now that's what I'm going to do.