Thread: I'm confused. Help please.

Default I'm confused. Help please.

So I have had a dream for a few years now and I just found out it must be based on bad info.
    I watched a show on tv a few years ago about a couple of brothers that went on a trip to do some Kokanee fishing. They stated in the show that they were fishing in the lake where they filmed the Planet of the Apes splash down. It was beautiful. Being a fan of the Ape movies and Kokanee fishing I have since thought some day I'd love to take the trip there.
    I just Googled and found it was lake Powell. Googled lake Powell and it said it had Striped Bass and Walleye. What? Obviously there are no trout or Kokanee in there then.
    Can anyone clear this up for me?
    Thanks.

I can't speak to the Kokanee but Lake Powell is fed from the Colorado River amongst others that are trout waters. Lake Powell used to have a good trout fishery. Once the Stripers and other bass took over, the trout disappeared.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

TK, I think I saw the same show.It was Gander Mtns' "We All Live Outdoors " or something like that. The two brothers were fishing Flaming Gorge Res. It was amusing I think they were fishing one rod on their one downrigger. In a boat I usually run 4-6 rods out and have a spoon on a spinning rod ready for jumping fish. TM

Thanks guys.
    Monkey I think you are correct about the show.
    Super D, that does not sound good if stripers are getting in the river too. Wonder if they were planted on purpose. I wouldn't think so.
    Edit: Googled it and it was "We Live Outdoors" episode #64 Trolling for trout and Kokanee at Flaming Gorge and Green river.
    Wish I could find a video of the actual episode.
    Last edited by T K; 01-26-2013 at 11:02 PM.