Thread: UV enhanced hooks

Default UV enhanced hooks

Does anyone know what the stuff is that they put on the hooks either on the shank of the hook or at the head of the hook covering the snell knot? It can be in different colors and or glow? What is it called? is it just plasticoat and where can I get some of this stuff so I can do my own hooks. Thanks everybody.

They use Crystal Flash I know it comes in glow in the dark/UV also it tied on with thread that does the same glow/ UV you can find it were they have fly tying equipement any good sporting goods after you wrap the flash with what ever color thread you like you add a small amount of krazy glue type I use Maxi-cure its a cyanoacrylate from hobbie town USA you can pick that up also on site or at a hobbie shop. HOPE THAT HELPS.

It also comes in a soft bead that can be slid over the hook eye or shank.

Here are a couple other options:

http://do-itmolds.com/shop/index.php...=3_156_371_373

http://do-itmolds.com/shop/index.php...=3_156_371_372

http://do-itmolds.com/shop/index.php...=3_156_371_375
    Last edited by SuperD; 12-28-2012 at 03:24 PM.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Here's the soft bead SuperD mentioned... I like the white (seem to have the best glow.) The lure and colored beads are hand painted and finished with the uv top coat in SuperD's first link.
    https://www.ownerhooks.com/catalog/p...e9f6bcce50c10a

Last edited by SilverBullets; 12-29-2012 at 12:42 PM.

Thanks for all the suggestions, what I think I am actually looking for is not soft beads but something that might be put on the hook eye like putty(?) that can be formed and painted etc. and glows or has something added to it to make it glow. Thanks again.

I am going to look at that website further for the answer may be there, thanks SuperD

Quote Originally Posted by Trolling in the deep View Post
    Thanks for all the suggestions, what I think I am actually looking for is not soft beads but something that might be put on the hook eye like putty(?) that can be formed and painted etc. and glows or has something added to it to make it glow. Thanks again.
    Sounds like your talking about the material Robbie from R&K uses on his hooks. That stuff is awesome! Might try searching glow glue or glow glue sticks or contacting Robbie. I've purchased his super glow stinger hooks... not sure if he sells pre-tied tandems.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN0433.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	5745  
    Last edited by SilverBullets; 12-29-2012 at 03:50 PM.

Thanks! That's exactly what I was wanting to find. At least now I know what to call the stuff and that is a great start. Thank you!

By the way do you have the web address for Robbie and or R&K I don't seem to find a site for R&K spinners.
    Last edited by Trolling in the deep; 12-30-2012 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trolling in the deep View Post
    Thanks! That's exactly what I was wanting to find. At least now I know what to call the stuff and that is a great start. Thank you!

By the way do you have the web address for Robbie and or R&K I don't seem to find a site for R&K spinners.
    I don't think Robbie has a web site... deals through Kokaneetackle.com and a few others. Shoot Fallriverguy or kokaneekid a pm... they'll know how to get ahold of him (they might even be able to help with what your looking for.) Robbie's on here once in a while... goes by HOOCHIEGUY. I believe he metioned once that he gets that glo material somewhere overseas... might be a trade secret though.
    Last edited by SilverBullets; 12-30-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Yeah trade secret, lol. I already sent an email to Kokaneekid fishing about it and don't really expect an answer back because it says family secret on the hooks but I think I came up with an idea if I can find some. Glow in the dark hot glue, but I wouldn't put it on the snell knot at the eye of the hook because I don't know what the heat from the hot glue would do to the fishing line, might make it brittle and fail. But on the shank of the hook it might just work. Thanks guess I have lots of time until opening weekend of fishing to figure it out.

Robbie guards his glow in the dark material. As far as I know he does not share that information. I have used fluorescent fabric paint before in a similar fashion.

Google "Glow-On"
    Team Wild Child Follow us on Youtube! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMeIbuRWhobsmMmpM4xQayQ?feature=watch

what you are looking for is not what you think. you have to make it and it is not available from anyone .

Yeah, starting to figure that out. I am surprised that no one has a Youtube video on how to do such a thing. But I am thinking shaping some hot glue on the shank of the hook and then using the Glow-On paint that wrightwyoming suggested might do the trick. Thanks to everyone's suggestions, guess I will figure it out on my own eventually.

I get a lot of glow material from this company. They have great stuff.

http://glowinc.com/

I think if you get the powder, mix it with some epoxy, then you have what you are looking for. I have not tried this, but I have been told it works, you just have to experiment a little with the ratio of powder to epoxy.
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

Thanks Everyone. I decided to go with the soft glow beads for now. Thanks for all your suggestions and help.