Looking for New Melones Lake fishermen to share some hot spots, stories, gear and lures for the year, including lure sizes, hot colors and who makes them and where you can get them. As you know, things seem to change every year, what worked last year may not be what the trout and especially the Kokanee may want this year. No one likes going out and spending the day fishing having just so so luck, especially with the increasing costs of fuel. It's a huge lake, no one is going to catch all the fish. How many times have you found the local fishing reports to be accurate...ran out and bought what it said was "Red-Hot" and never got a hit, most reports are designed to sell more tackle, so being somewhat a skeptic, I'm hoping we can start a separate thread just for MELONES with honest truthful reports written for fishermen by fisherman. Everyone has experienced coming in with 1 or 2 little ones while the guy in front of you has limited out or has huge fish...what's he doing that you didn't do? What's he using that you didn't? If you're interested in trying out this idea, let's give it a try! Like I said, no one is going to run out and catch all the fish, but wouldn't it be nice to go out and have a great day on the lake and catch a few quality fish? I think so.