Thread: Ball retrieve on Scotty down rigger

Default Ball retrieve on Scotty down rigger

I purchased two new Scotty d.riggers and I am getting ready to install the new ball retrievers. Has any of you came up with a way to install the fluorescent yellow/ green part over the rubber stopper and hook with ease? I have the weight hook through no prob, just the rubber stopper.

Attempts on my end, short of breaking, or creating further problems isn't working. Yes, I know there are extra crimps to cut the cable, install it and re crimp the sleeves crimps on the cable. I can do that easily, however, just looking for any ideas anyone else has or used to by pass the cutting.

I've tried lubricant and get it a good start, but just too tight.

Ideas?
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokaholic View Post
    I purchased two new Scotty d.riggers and I am getting ready to install the new ball retrievers. Has any of you came up with a way to install the fluorescent yellow/ green part over the rubber stopper and hook with ease? I have the weight hook through no prob, just the rubber stopper.

Attempts on my end, short of breaking, or creating further problems isn't working. Yes, I know there are extra crimps to cut the cable, install it and re crimp the sleeves crimps on the cable. I can do that easily, however, just looking for any ideas anyone else has or used to by pass the cutting.

I've tried lubricant and get it a good start, but just too tight.

Ideas?
    You need to dismantle the terminal end. Cut it off, place the retriever on the cable and reinstall the terminal end with new crimp sleeves.

No short cuts I'm afraid.

Edd
    Pro Staff: LOWRANCE ELECTRONICS
    Pro Staff: SCOTTY FISHING
    Pro Staff: SHASTA TACKLE CO

Yea, that's what I figured. My last two Scotty's I did that with. However with my new 2106's I hoped someone might have came up with a slick little way to do it.

So, I purchased some shrink tube today so after I make the cut and re do it all,I can shrink tube it for a nicer link and feel.

Thanks.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Or you can do what I did and move to Scotty's braid. A simple Palomar and you're done.
    Pro Staff: LOWRANCE ELECTRONICS
    Pro Staff: SCOTTY FISHING
    Pro Staff: SHASTA TACKLE CO