Thread: more chinese junk

Default more chinese junk

just spotted another crack in a high end Plano Guide series tackle box. I am so sick of paying good money for crap!!! What ever happened to the good old cant break Flambeau, old pal etc. Its all junk today!

RL,
    You might want to try a soft, waterproof bag with boxes inside. I have had great luck with them. Great way to keep things organized. Cabelas has a full line of them.
    K

RL your right everything is made over sea these days. I've gone or graduated to what KELSON advised one main water proof bag with assorted boxes were you can mix and match plastic trays/I have G-loomis bag with 8 units per box. one bag for just Salmon/one for fresh water/one for sturgeon,my fresh water box is so full I've gone to small zipper compartment type unit to hold special hardware one for wobblers/one for Silver gang trolls/one for brass gang trolls/one for down rigger clips and hardware/I am extremely organized I have boxes of just Hookum rollers 10 rollers everything pretied with each roller having wedding rings/ two rollers with hooches /one with assorted spinners etc./ dosen't take up much room in the boat. I went to Mack lures and purchased a large assortment of components to mix and match any color wedding ring ever made thats in my fresh water box A man can never have enough tackle. I can guarantee what they are hitting on I won't have in the boat

may have found perfect solution.. Husky 22 in cantilever pro tool box ..$28 at home depot. Takes 9x6.5 in boxes(separate) is bulletproof, waterproof, and Made in ISRAEL. Top load compartments, work platform, and wont tip over .. check these out. Real old fashioned quality still exists.

My problem with soft bags is that the zippers fail, either get eaten by salt or just fail way before they should. Boxes are hard, maybe one of the bags with velcro would work, anyone using them?bob r

RalphL right on with the Husky box I've got one I store a huge solution of k14/k15/k16 quick fish they also have a small box with 5 pull out trays at home depot I picked up 2. One I keep smaller quick fish assortedsizes k11/k7 quick fish One box I use to hold#4/#5/#6/#7 size spinner blades they got some great boxes over there. The answer to zippers bob r commented on they usually not metal but plastic they don't make these g-loomis bags anymore I had them for 5 or 6 years they are still as good as the day I purchased them and they do take a beaten being slammed around

I have been using the soft bag the plastic boxes without any troubles. Another idea is to use the CD holders that will also hold your variety of dodgers and other near-flat gear.

Quote Originally Posted by bob r View Post
    My problem with soft bags is that the zippers fail, either get eaten by salt or just fail way before they should. Boxes are hard, maybe one of the bags with velcro would work, anyone using them?bob r
    These bags use velcro...i use one for dodgers, one for flashers, and one for small lake trolls.
    http://www.cabelas.com/dodgers-flash...ge-bag-2.shtml

As far as lures go i just keep them in plano box's and store them in various compartments on the boat. I also take along a couple regular fold out plano box's...had them for 10 years with no issues.
    Last edited by SilverBullets; 04-20-2012 at 04:59 PM.