Thread: Feel like a kid waiting for Christmas....

Talking Feel like a kid waiting for Christmas....

Just committed to a new Yamaha T9.9 with all the bells and whistles and a TR-1 installed......Come on May 5th......cinco de mayo.....

Your comfort level just improved 100%......

Greg

I purchased a 9.9 Yamaha 2 yrs ago great motor every person I talked to advised don't look at nothing else buy a Yamaha my intenstion were to add on the TR 1 system I'm still saving. The one problem I had I couldn't get it to troll slow enough has a 9 pitch prop switch over to the 8 horse Yamaha prop with is a 5 3/4 pitch fits right on. I just use the orginial prop as a spare.

Just curious, how much are the TR-1 cost? Now that I use my minn kota electric to steer, I'm wondering what the most cost effective steering system really is. Or, does the TR-1 also do throttle control?
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

It does everything. It hooks up to your GPS system on your electronics/throttle etc around $3.000 you can control them by remote control.

MrMike

This one has a 7 pitch prop (or so I am told anyway) I may have to go lower but we will see.

SuperD
    TR-1 with everything needed to hook it up and an extra wired controller to mount up front $3350 (installed at my place, set up and calibrated (on the water), and training (assume it will be a crash course and I will need to be a fast learner)
    T-9.9 XL shaft elect. start/tilt/trim (also delivered to my house)$3150

Yamaha + TR1 = Wet Dream... 10 years on mine I had to repalce the pump on the TR1 but if it fails I would hold a sign on the corner to collect enough money to get another one........ TL

Sounds awesome but for myself I'll have to stick to following the river channel with the trusty dusty humminbird fish finder... Great acquisition and I'm a little jealous!

Mike
    The Experiment Requires That You Continue!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Sounds awesome but for myself I'll have to stick to following the river channel with the trusty dusty humminbird fish finder... Great acquisition and I'm a little jealous!

Mike
    Im not saying I "should buy it" because I shouldn't, I should really wait until I have more $$ saved and a few other things payed for. But you only live once! Why not enjoy it if you can? I am fortunate to have a son that lives/loves to fish, so we spend most of our free time on the water. The old Honda gets the job done, but would I want to hook up a TR-1 to it? Not really, so that means bite the big bullet and go for it.

Is it May yet????

I love my TR1 ! I put it on myself 3 years ago for about $2000.00.
    Im not sure how I ever got along with out it.

Last year I started messing around with it tied into a GPS, man its cool to go to the same spot and fish it exactly the same pattern every time and never touch a thing.

Default One step closer!

Only a couple more days.....

Just finished up the new mount.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Motor Mount 002.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	90.5 KB 
ID:	3672  

Thats Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday, Fathers Day all rolled into one! Youre gonna love it and its a great way to spend time with the Wild Child!
    See you at the Lake!

Kokonuts
    Where Ever I Go
    There I Am

Quote Originally Posted by Mudinchev View Post
    Im not saying I "should buy it" because I shouldn't, I should really wait until I have more $$ saved and a few other things payed for. But you only live once! Why not enjoy it if you can?
    It's like a sign I saw on the back of a motorhome last year...."There is more to life than fuel mileage".
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

Quote Originally Posted by Kokonuts View Post
    Thats Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday, Fathers Day all rolled into one! Youre gonna love it and its a great way to spend time with the Wild Child!
    See you at the Lake!

Kokonuts

Might even have to threw a few other special days from the calender on there but all I can say is WOW!!

I actually had time to read the manual between glances just to make sure all was well and there was nothing in front of us. Wander around the boat, check the lines, enjoy the view, watch Shawn reel in a fish and not be in a panic to net it because the boat is trying to do a crazy Ivan, fishing was relaxing! I LIKE RELAXING!
    Last edited by Mudinchev; 05-07-2012 at 12:34 AM.