Thread: Replacement net - rubber?

Default Replacement net - rubber?

I have a large hoop net that I'd like to put a rubber net on but always resisted due to the weight of the heavy black rubber models. I've seen lots of the white rubber models flying on boats and thought they look to be a lot lighter, true? Anyone know if they are available for large hoop nets?
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

check ebay fishing nets Go rubber, you wont go back

We replaced a torn net with a rubber one, my wife did the because she has more patience than me. Not hard but it takes finesse and a little time. Having used both, the rubber net is the way to go, heavier than a traditional nylon net but worth it.

I'd like to re-net my existing hoop if anyone has bought a replacement net and knows where the light weight rubbers are available.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    I'd like to re-net my existing hoop if anyone has bought a replacement net and knows where the light weight rubbers are available.
    You might find the lighter weight style here...
    http://www.mengo-ind.com/DisplaySection.aspx?which=81
    http://www.mengo-ind.com/DisplayDetail.aspx?which=150
    Last edited by SilverBullets; 03-29-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Another thing to concider... spray your nylon net with rubberized tool dip.

I ordered my bag from dotline and it came today. After pulling my hair out trying to get it on the hoop, I'm very happy with the depth and weight. No more panic when we've got doubles and one has wrapped itself in the net and buried a hook.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    I ordered my bag from dotline and it came today. After pulling my hair out trying to get it on the hoop, I'm very happy with the depth and weight. No more panic when we've got doubles and one has wrapped itself in the net and buried a hook.
    Those rubber nets are great. I made the switch a few years back....got tired of the hooks getting embedded and the trailer hook breaking off of rigs as the fish thrashes around. Since making the change i haven't had one problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullets View Post
    Those rubber nets are great. I made the switch a few years back....got tired of the hooks getting embedded and the trailer hook breaking off of rigs as the fish thrashes around. Since making the change i haven't had one problem.
    do you find the trailer hook most often open???

Quote Originally Posted by RalphL View Post
    I've never really taken note statistically but I'd say it goes in spurts where on agressive days they take the front hook and lighter strike days they are taking the back hook.

Quote Originally Posted by RalphL View Post
    In the 10 years or so i've been fishing for kokanee the majority of the time they get caught on the hook closest to the lure... the trailer gets stuck on the outside around 30% of the time. This is mainly while trolling apex's. I think part of the reason the trailer doesn't get embedded more often might be due to the fact that sometimes after catching a koke the trailer hook still has corn on it.
    Last edited by SilverBullets; 04-11-2012 at 03:41 PM.

SD, you might try Janns Netcraft...not sure. I recently went to a rubber landing net and won't go back either. If you have some extra cash check out the Ego Slider 2. This is an amazing net....it floats and extends to nearly 10 ft. with the press of a button. I love the thing. One of our site sponsors Kokanee Tackle sells them and has great customer service.
    K

I just bought the Ego Slider 2 about a month ago. I wouldn't have, but my favorite rubber landing net went off the top of my cover to the bottom of Merwin... Let me just say, as far as nets are concerned, the Ego Slider 2 is the best thing since sliced bread to come along for landing fish. You can buy different hoops (nets) that just screw right on and off. You can not believe the reach on these things. If you're even remotely thinking about changing up nets, go with the Ego!!!