Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Non ethanol gas locations?

Default Non ethanol gas locations?

I read a couple of threads about the subject and was wondering if this would be a good place to make a "sticky" thread where people could post the locations that they know of that sell non ethanol gas? So far I know of 2 in my area. There is a Spirit station in Kalama their premium is E-free and Pacific Pride on Industrial Way in Longview pump # 9 has E-free regular. I was just thinking it might be helpful to those traveling out side their normal areas. Or maybe there are more options in your own area that you are not aware of.

OK I just realized this is in the General forum, not in the state specific forum maybe there would be a better location for this thread?
    Last edited by Mudinchev; 06-17-2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Not sure where this thread should be.

Default I agree

Ethanol is one of the worst things that this country has perpatrated on it's citizens costing us billions of dollars.

I no longer run ethanol in any of my equipment and even though it costs me more money at least I do not have to repair my ezuipment every time I go to use it.

In Salem Or. I go to Mark Nelson Oil products on 1977 Claxter Rd NE.

Here's a web-site showing ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S and Canada. If you know of one that's not on the list please share it's location.
    http://pure-gas.org/
    Last edited by SilverBullets; 06-17-2011 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Manipulator View Post
    Ethanol is one of the worst things that this country has perpatrated on it's citizens costing us billions of dollars.

I no longer run ethanol in any of my equipment and even though it costs me more money at least I do not have to repair my ezuipment every time I go to use it.

In Salem Or. I go to Mark Nelson Oil products on 1977 Claxter Rd NE.
    Is that a pacific pride card lock or can you purchase at the pump.
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullets View Post
    Here's a web-site showing ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S and Canada. If you know of one that's not on the list please share it's location.
    http://pure-gas.org/
    Both places that I listed are in that listing, however DLM brought up a good point, the Pacific Pride I listed is a card lock station, you have to be there during normal business hours to get fuel. One other thing to point out, all of their pumps except 1 have ethanol so you still need to be careful just because the location is listed as E-free doesn't mean all of their fuel is. Pay attention to what is written on the pump itself! If it does not specifically state that it is E-free it probably is not.

The gas station/Grocery/sporting goods store in Crescent Lake, right where you turn to go to the lake, also has non-alcohol gas. The are listed on the website mentioned below.
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

The Sinclair (Stinker) station in Mountain Home, ID is ethanol free.

UPDATE: No longer...they run ethanol now.
    Last edited by redmanjr1; 02-13-2012 at 11:31 PM. Reason: Update info

Some one had asked in another thread if Chelatchie Prairie near Amboy Wa still sold E-free gas and according to their pumps the do. I stopped in there today on my way back from the lake.

Quote Originally Posted by DLM View Post
    Is that a pacific pride card lock or can you purchase at the pump.
    You do not have to have the card. They E0 110, E0 92, E0 87. Just go to the office and they will call on some one to come and fill your tanks.

most lake and river marina fuel station have real gas non ethanol, posted or ask. same for the coastal port marina fueling stations.
    has higher energy content that the corn liquor garbage.

I get better boat fuel mileage with the real stuff.

plan my long distance trips for boat fill up near the destination by the pure-gas.org site especially if there is no marina fueling station on the lake/river.

most fuel distributors are set up on site for small real gas fuel sales, may have to open an account. Vancouver Fuel is the one I use locally. fast turnover on fuel. get my boat gas and truck diesel on same stop.

all pipe line gas is non ethanol, they have to add the booze at the tanker fill rack because of ethanol volatility and incompatibility with pipe lines.

get ready for the stronger smell.
    I take my Omega 3 one Koke at a time. 5 Kokes a day keeps the fisherman happy.

I'm pretty sure (know for sure the Nampa location) the KJ's Kick 66 stations listed in Idaho just recently switched and are now selling ethonal fuel. Had been all non-eth up to now, but heard that there supplier could no longer get the non-eth. Noticed also that they have removed all there non eth stickers and removed it from there sign also. So I now have to find another location to fill up the boat, sure was nice having a station 2 miles from the house.

Default non ethanol gas lications

If you are in Oregon the Oregon state marine board site has a listing for locations, I am not sure how up to date it is, I think that most of the card lock locations have Clear because of the loggers and landscapers,

good fishing

here is the link

http://www.oregon.gov/OSMB/news/E10.shtml
    http://www.oregon.gov/OSMB/news/docs/EthanolList.pdf
    Last edited by rods58; 01-18-2012 at 02:48 PM. Reason: more info

Default Non Ethanol Locations

A number of the CFN and Pacific Pride cardlocks in Oregon have non ethanol in premium and regular.
    Fish are where you find them

Normally I do my research before asking but here it goes, does anyone know of an additive you can buy at a parts store or supermarket that would offset the negative effects of ethanol.

Would Sta Bil do the trick?

From what you gents are saying here is that it sounds like the only way to go is non ethanol period.

Any thoughts on this??
    All vintage 12' Mirrocraft, 9.9 Mercury sitting on a Dilly trailer.

There is a new gas station on hwy 99 near Jerrys home improvement in Eugene Oregon I think it is a Chevron station they have non ethanol gas. Wilco store in Tanget Oregon has a good price for non ethanol.The 76 stations in Corvallis,and Philomath Oregon have non ethanol gas.Pass the word around that reg ethanol is no freaking good for anything but your vehicle and I'm not really sure it is any good for them either?

Quote Originally Posted by Torres View Post
    Normally I do my research before asking but here it goes, does anyone know of an additive you can buy at a parts store or supermarket that would offset the negative effects of ethanol.

Would Sta Bil do the trick?

From what you gents are saying here is that it sounds like the only way to go is non ethanol period.

Any thoughts on this??
    Ive had bad luck with stabil I use startron by (Starbrite) its a non oil base additiive that work well for me you can get it at walmart and kmart

Coming up 228 from I 5 going to Sweethome you have 2 choices 1 in Brownsville across from the Chevron. There was a 76 station in Sweethome on the northside of hwy 20 that just went independent and now haas clear gas as of last week. You can also find it at the Lebanon airport they are nice folks who open the gates around 6 am

I used this site before and found an EXXON station 2mi from me that use to carry non-ethanol gas. Then all of a sudden there was a sticker on the pump that said contains 10% ethanol. And now the station is not listed anymore on the non-ethanol listings. How much longer is it going to be before this listing goes totally under?

For those of you looking for non-ethanol fuel in wyoming, the sinclair station at the west end of town in Green River has it, I buy all my fuel there for the boat and my truck.
    wishin I was fishin

Pro Staff: Rocky Mountain Tackle

Default Pure Gas

I put an app on my Iphone called PURE GAS, it does not list the price though and does not say whether or not it is a card lock, between that and GAS BUDDY, I can usually find the good stuff for my boat and small engines

When using the ethanol gas in any of my two stroke engines I richen the gas-oil mix to 4 oz per gallon plus adding an ounce or so of marine grade Stabil. No problems with any of the chain saws, weed beater or outboard. Even with the non ethanol gas I go with about 3 1/2 oz/gallon plus the Stabil.

all I can say is I use Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment check it out http://mystarbrite.com/startron/ this stuff works

all I can say is I use Star Tron Enzyme Fuel Treatment check it out http://mystarbrite.com/startron/ this stuff works
    I use this additive as well and have had no fuel related issues.

Lucas Oil Fuel Treatment. Been using it for 6yrs now with no issues. Now found a descent station nearby that sells non-ethanol gas.

FYI...

Did some research and talked to some technicians. The consensus was that there is no need to use non ethanol gas if you are adding 2 or 4 stroke oil or an additive such as stabil to your fuel because the additives help keep water from evaporating from the fuel (the main issue with outboards as the evaporated water corrodes and fouls today's complex intake systems). My 2 cents worth.

I use Amzoil's 2 stroke synthetic outboard additive to my fuel for my 10 horse Merc. and have had no issues with it so far. I haven't taken the outboard out this season yet but I don't expect to have any issues since I ran all the fuel out of it before storing it for the winter.
    Stay tuned...
    All vintage 12' Mirrocraft, 9.9 Mercury sitting on a Dilly trailer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast