Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Riffe Lake?

Default reply

Sounds like a blast. Glad to hear the water is up and the logs are down.Thanks for all your info!

to Bobw, yes there are sockeye kokes in riffe lake, fish a little harder

there is to kokenee (sockeye) in riffe lake

I hate to bud into the riffe lake conversation but according to the state there landlocked coho only in riffe lake. Sorry my two cents also.

Northwest wild country radio show did a segment on riffe to clear up any confusion that these fish are landlocked coho. Anyways lets catch em they taste great!

I started fishing that lake the day it first opened (when the dam was new). Man am I getting old. There are NO Kokes you can fish as hard as you like.

How about a pic of one. Don't forget something to prove where it came from.
    Last edited by BobW; 01-05-2012 at 09:28 AM.

fished this weekend got into a bunch of crimson fish (sock) start fishing

Smile

u can take all the pics you want but you can catch that fish anywhere, i'm only telling you and giving you the chance to enjoy, take it or leave it. ihave also fished riffe and many, many, other places in this state for more years then most can count didnt mean too rill you, hope you do catch em bobbers and down riggers down

You know what, I also saw that one post. I could post a number of others that do NOT include kokes as what is in Riffe lake. And as stated above that would include WDFW info.

I was in fact pretty sure that is what you were using as proof.

I know full well what a koke looks like. I now live 1 block from the main launch on American lake and fish it all the time during the week when I get home from work. I have a freezer full on American lake kokes.

THERE ARE NO LANDLOCKED SOCKEYE IN RIFE LAKE

Done with this.

http://www.sschapterpsa.com/ramblings/Riffe_lake.htm

http://www.westernwashington.com/rec...ps/riffelk.php

http://www.gamefishin.com/rpts/Repor...y=Riffe%20Lake

Just to get you started
    Last edited by BobW; 01-05-2012 at 01:18 PM.

I'm new to the forum, been fishing Riffe for many years. This time of year the water is usually extremely low. We did really good last year, limited with fair sized fish each time. Usually start after fishing falls off at Merwin.

Quote Originally Posted by dutch View Post
    I'm new to the forum, been fishing Riffe for many years. This time of year the water is usually extremely low. We did really good last year, limited with fair sized fish each time. Usually start after fishing falls off at Merwin.
    Welcome! to the site!

Thanks for the information. When do you start fishing the lake on a regular basis?
    The Angler formerly know as "DBfield"

I usually start checking lake levels in April and as soon as the ramp at the dam is usable, I start fishing. Then at least once per week until they lower the water.
    I have down riggers but usually find they are not necessary, catch fish in the first 10-15 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by dutch View Post
    I usually start checking lake levels in April and as soon as the ramp at the dam is usable, I start fishing. Then at least once per week until they lower the water.
    I have down riggers but usually find they are not necessary, catch fish in the first 10-15 feet.
    Thanks for the Info! I want to make it down there this year again.
    The Angler formerly know as "DBfield"

As for Alder Lake, I'm not an expert on the lake but Tacoma Power supposedly stocks it pretty heavy with Koks. I've done OK there but haven't caught anything of significant size.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12