Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucky Peak Kokes 2011

We were up there on Sunday the 17th. It was tough fishing. Fished from the AM till about 11:30. We landed 7 in the boat and lost 7. Had to work much harder for them. Think the bite has turned off some.
    Lucky

what does your boat look like lucky

Default Fished Friday 4/15

Fished from 8:30 -2:30 and landed 7. Must have lost 10. The fish were right near the surface. we had three poles out. 2 of them had 1 bite apiece all the rest of the fish were on one pole. Bite ended about 12:00 and never had another fish. Biggest fish was a (measured) 16" I would have guessed it bigger than that. Many of the fish we lost felt heavier than those we caught.

OK guys, Looks like a nice day tomorrow. Anyone going? )
    ...................I think the forecast calls for "Idahokanee to catch many fish tomorrow" )
    15' Sea Nymph Muskie, 25hp Yamaha
    Tan w/Dark Blue bimini cover

hope you do well tomorrow and can provide us an encouraging report. i'm hoping to get out friday if the weather cooperates.

I might go on Friday or Saturday also.

I have a Green Duckworth with gray top and usually 2 labs (hence the name TwoLabs)in the boat with me.

Quote Originally Posted by NAPER View Post
    what does your boat look like lucky
    Naper,
    We have a 14' Yukon with a black stripe down the side. Most of the day I was wearing a camo float coat and then later when it got warm I had a maroon sweatshirt on. Were you fishing with your son and daughter?
    Lucky

Well, Turned out yesterdays forecast was right ("Idahokanee to catch many fish tomorrow"). I couldn't keep those suckers off my line. I limited out in about 2.5 hours. Boated and kept six, caught and released about 8 more, and lost about 3 at the net (most were over 14"). Tried trolling for trout after I kept my last Koke (for those of you who do not know, Kokanee and trout are separate limits this year) but I couldn't find the trout. Anyway, it's looking like Friday's the next best day so far. Hope to see you guys there. .................PS. They're running shallow, anywhere from 5 to 15 feet. ) .............good luck.

Hey TwoLabs, I think I was the guy you were driving behind (until you passed me) while heading up hwy 21 below the dam (around 11 am-ish). I had the light tan 15' skiff with the dark blue top (w/Green Yukon towing).

If it was about 11:00 on last Friday it probably was not me. We were on the water at Spring Shores around 8:30-9:00. I remember a truck/boat pulling over right before the bridge and a group of 4 getting in the water right before us but can't remember much else. "After all I was going fishing".

I'll watch for you in the future.

Talking Iso Koke

i have a 16 ft green jon boat wth 20 mercury next to a 4 yamaha. when it gets hot you'll see the rainbow umbrella.PS if you smell bacon its me.

Quote Originally Posted by luckykoke View Post
    Naper,
    We have a 14' Yukon with a black stripe down the side. Most of the day I was wearing a camo float coat and then later when it got warm I had a maroon sweatshirt on. Were you fishing with your son and daughter?
    Lucky
    No just me and another guy. I have a older 18 ft duckworth the front is black. Also has a silver top. I will have to look for u guys when i go up. might try to make it out on sat.

Have any of you guys had any success in the afternoon, or has it been mostly a morning bite the last couple of weeks? Trying to decide between this friday evening or in the morning on Saturday.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default sawtooth

Went out yesterday, on the water around 12pm, limited out before 3pm, still hooking up on the kokes by 4:30pm (while fishing for trout). ...........Time/chance is relative to sun/wind/rain/moon/etc. But, don't worry so much, and just go fishing ) ...........Almost 2pm right now, going to head out for a few hours right now, supposed to rain, but I will still have fun. )

Talking Koko

We were out on Tuesday. Weather was awesome. We landed 6 and lost somewhere around 8 (I told him we should have brought some snubbers). All in all a good day we were just before the dam. I caught 4 on a pink/white squid with a pink splatter pattern spoon tipped with white fire korn. The rest were caught on wedding rings. I just bought a new boat so I should be able to get out more. Also, Im buying 2 new downriggers any suggestions Im stuck between mag 10's and walker electrics.

Its great to hear that everyone is starting to have some good succes this year! I'll be heading out on Saturday for the first time this year and getting on the water early in the morning.

Has one area of the reservoir been more productive than another...closer to the dam better? spring shores better? If my boat was bigger and i could make a run from one place to the other it wouldnt matter because i would try both but alas its just a 14 footer with a 15hp Evinrude :)

Thanks and good luck to everyone this weekend!!

Just a quick note to all. .............can't tell you for sure if the kokes are hitting better in the morning or not, 'cause I am rarely able to make it out before 10am, but I went out yesterday 3pm-6pm (dark clouds/cold/rainy) and hooked 5. It looks like the bite is definitely on. ....Good luck guys.

That's good news....we'll have 2 boats hitting the water Friday morning.
    Look for "Team Old Pharts" in the blue and silver Weldcraft.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	team old phart.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	80.2 KB 
ID:	2417  

Thumbs up

nice dean, good luck to your crew and have a great day on the water!

Talking downriggers

cannon is the way to go. i just got a unitroll 5 last winter. i'm gonna stack some koke on it

Quote Originally Posted by matt_has_mail View Post
    We were out on Tuesday. Weather was awesome. We landed 6 and lost somewhere around 8 (I told him we should have brought some snubbers). All in all a good day we were just before the dam. I caught 4 on a pink/white squid with a pink splatter pattern spoon tipped with white fire korn. The rest were caught on wedding rings. I just bought a new boat so I should be able to get out more. Also, Im buying 2 new downriggers any suggestions Im stuck between mag 10's and walker electrics.
    Matt, If money is no consideration I would go with Scotty Electrics. If you ever get to see Borntofish01's boat, he has the ultimate setup. I have 3 Big Jon manuals on my boat, and they are very good manual d-riggers. I know they make electrics as well, but are harder to find locally (mostly a Great Lakes area company).

Default Muddy water

Been reading this forum for a while so I decided to join.

I was down at Lucky Peak on Tuesday and noticed that the water coming in from Moore's Creek looked like chocolate milk. Has anybody noticed this affecting where the fish are? I tried fishing across from Spring Shores for a couple of hours and didn't have any luck. Are the fish down by the dam trying to avoid the muddy water?

Had some luck around the lake today. Had 12 in the box by 1130.... mostly the top water rods but did get some on the downriggers.

gg

Quote Originally Posted by IDHUNTER View Post
    Its great to hear that everyone is starting to have some good succes this year! I'll be heading out on Saturday for the first time this year and getting on the water early in the morning.

Has one area of the reservoir been more productive than another...closer to the dam better? spring shores better? If my boat was bigger and i could make a run from one place to the other it wouldnt matter because i would try both but alas its just a 14 footer with a 15hp Evinrude :)

Thanks and good luck to everyone this weekend!!
    Any advice fellas?

Thanks!

I dont think it will matter but with the boat you described you might have less water travel to do if you put in by the dam. But I seen 14 footers with a 15 horse jet all around that resevoir.

I cannot say if the am is better than sprong shores because I have not made it up there yet. The dam has been feast or famine for me......red hot one day and starving the next.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast