Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucky Peak Kokes 2011

Default Lucky Peak Kokes 2011

Well since I started the 2010 Lucky Peak Koke thread, I figured I better get 2011 going! We hit the water late morning on Jan 1, 2011. It was cold and so was the fishing. Only one hit. Our New Years tradition began with a skunk. Anyone else out there catching anything?
    Lucky

Congrats on getting the New Year started. Should be "on" Ririe this weekend!
    "The Fish Whisperer" 21' Alexis Classic Thunder Jet

Zimo wrote nice article about Lucky Peak kokanee fishing on 12/30. It is outdoor section online.

I know Zimo has to make a living but every time he writes and article on one of my favorite spots to hunt, camp, or fish it is trashed by weekend warriors.

i was tryn some new koke lures at arrowrock on mon, landed 5 nice trout. the res is about 3/4 frozen.

Hey guys, I'm really starting to get fired up about kokanee fishing...got a boat with some new walker downriggers that i'm just dying to try out so i'm just looking for any report or suggestions on lucky peak or arrowrock this time of year. Kokanee or trout, i dont really care, i just want to get out and try out my new gear. any suggestions?

Thanks and i look forward to learning a lot on here!

let us know how you do if you go. ive never been koke fishing this time of year. i imagine its not going to be too productive for the kokes. you may pick up some bows though. good luck.

Well guys I did make it out last weekend but I decided to go try CJ instead. The whole way there the weather looked good but once we dropped down onto the reservoir from Strike Dam road it was blowing about 20mph AND foggy...weird weather combo. Anyway, we trolled around for about 4 hours without touching a fish and decided to call it a day. We tried depths between 15-30 ft and trolled rapalas, wedding rings, panther martins, and hoochies. Even though we didn't catch anything it was still great to get back out on the water and try out some new gear!

I cant speak for Leaky Peak but can tell you my Dad hit CJ from the bank yesterday and tagged 4 trout ramging from 17 to 19 inches, 3lbs and up...by the dam...

The trout at Strike are all footballs right now. The water was a bit murky last weekend, which made trolling tough. I would focus on the top 6 feet of the colum.

As for Lucky Peak, I am worried the massive drawdown this year will hammer the kokes. Does anyone know anything about how the drawdown is affecting the kokes?

Default Lucky Peak

We fished LP weekend before last. Water was 35 degrees. Could not run up to the canyon due to ice. We caught 4 by the dam. I'll let it get a little warmer and the ice be gone before I get too serious about it.

What size were the Kokes?

go n monday to try some new koke lures i got from tackle shack.

Default Feb

Sorry it has taken me so long to post this but I've been out of town. We hit Lucky Peak late Feb and trolled for quite some time without a single hit. Finally we switched to a larger ford fender and a pure green wedding ring tipped with magots. Found them. Nice size for this time of year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sean feb 27-2011a.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	2309  

hell, those are nice size fish anytime of year in my opinion. nice job.

If I remember correctly, the largest fish was 16 1/2". We too were impressed by the size. I think we are heading out on Sunday so I should have a report next week too. Good luck fishing.
    Lucky

be sure to post your report. taking my buddys boat out to cj tomorrow. i'll be sure to post a report on how well my rain gear does

I think we will brave the rain and see what LP has to offer today. Hopefully I'll have a decent report.

3 for 5 hookups. Lost one toad at the boat. Slow fishing, and we tried everything we had in the tacklebox today. Fish are footballs though...

Default Lucky peak Kokanee

Went out on Lucky Peak on the 18th. Caught one 13 inch using a double dee flasher. Water is coming up and fishing is slow.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0318111618.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	36.3 KB 
ID:	2317

LP 3/19
    Got 2 today about 12:30 then nothing. Never seen them on the finder. One on top and one at 20ft. different tackle for each. Nice size.

Spoons, what were you driving. Since there were only a handful of boat, and we fished all over, we probably saw you...

Sweetwater Pontoon. What were you in?

We were the boat circling the area right next to the area you were focusing on. We were in open jet sled with the black camo paint job.

We saw you netting one of the fish you caught and we could tell it was a nice fish. All in all..still slow but still a great day to be on the water!

Gene

Yep. Very nice day. Glad I didn't hold out until today!
    How'd you do Metalhead?
    Last edited by spoons; 03-20-2011 at 03:22 PM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast