Thread: Eagle Cuda 128 Fish Finder

Default Eagle Cuda 128 Fish Finder

I purchased a Eagle Cuda 128 fish finder about 10yrs ago and used it on a small aluminum boat I use to have. Never had any problems with it. Was considering to rig it up for ice fishing. Its a small unit which would be perfect to use out there. Its has the transom mount xducer and was wandering if anyone can give there take on the success of using this type of xducer.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

No problem at all Rog. Rig it up with a small "T' that has teh ducer on the bottom of the T and the top of the T spands your ice hole. secure it to the end somehow and secure the wires up the T with zip ties. you can then run the power supply with a small gel style battery. T can be sonstrcuted from either 1/2 inch or 3/4 PVC witrh fittings not glued. this will allow you to disasemble the T for storage.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bduck View Post
    I purchased a Eagle Cuda 128 fish finder about 10yrs ago and used it on a small aluminum boat I use to have. Never had any problems with it. Was considering to rig it up for ice fishing. Its a small unit which would be perfect to use out there. Its has the transom mount xducer and was wandering if anyone can give there take on the success of using this type of xducer.
    Roger i had one of those units and i think they are only about 800watts so it will show you fish but probly wont show your lure, will show fish and depth but not much power but if thats what your looking for that unit will do fine

It has a 200 watt xducer like my Lowrance X100C. Thats why I feel it would work. Just needed some input on the matter.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Hey Roger I have been using a Eagle Ultra Classic rigged the way mark talked about. It is 800 watts and I pick up both my lure/flasher and my ice fly/lure. I can take a pic of my setup if you want. Basically I have the T like Mark talked about and a smaller tackle box that has the battery in it and the mounting bracket mounted on top. The finder travels well in the box and when im ready for use mounts on top of the box.
    www.curlyslures.com

Roger - Check out TubeDudes recent post on BigFishTackle. He has some great pics of his portable ice fishing finder. If not what you're looking for atleast it might get you thinking? Nah, forget it, nothing gets you thinking!