Thread: Green Peter, This Saturday the 27th

Default Green Peter, This Saturday the 27th

Plans are to head to Green Peter this coming Saturday as long as the weather is somewhat decent (no horizontal rain). I realize it's a bit early, but my stepson is getting antsy and so am I. So we're going for it. will let the board know how we did. Bull

Looking forward to your report...

I'll be out there this Saturday from daylight till about 1:00 or so. If you see this Almar boat, be sure to say "hi".
    Hey Silver Bullets, when you coming over to this side of the mountains to go fishing with me?
    Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again

Default koke fishing today

went to Green Peter today( sunday, the 28th ). Bite started around noon. We were using 2 1/2 oz. of weight,trailed 90 ft. of line. Used a baby cowbell and a 2 bladed jack-o-diamonds and trailed a wedding ring. Corn drenched in shrimp oil. Caught 11, which was pretty good for a winters day. They averaged about a foot in length. Fish finder showed some lunkers lying on the bottom but they didn't seem interested. Fish were holding at around 35 ft. Bull

Thanks for the report.

Default Green Peter derby

We are going to Wallowa the week of the Green Peter Kokanee Power derby. I was wondereing how far Green Peter is from Wallowa. We would like to fish in that derby if time permits.
    Any info would be helpful.
    TBtoad

Almost as many miles apart as you could hope to get in this state. I'm just guessing here as I've not traveled that actual path but I would figure on around 400 miles or so. I know that's not a real accurate guess but it's not that far off either. Figure that it would take you a full day, (8 hours or so), of driving to get from one lake to the other.

I don't know much about that derby but from all the reports that I've read and heard, there's not much comparison between koke's from those two lakes. If I was at Wallowa, I wouldn't leave it to go to GP, but that's just me.

About an 8 hour drive.

Yeah, it took me about 7 hrs dragging my boat from Salem to Wallowa last June. It takes me just shy of 1 1/2 hrs to go to Green Peter. Even though I love GP, fishing derbies and supporting Kokanee Power of Oregon there is no way I would leave Wallowa to fish GP.
    Whenever I feel blue, I start breathing again